2020 Land Rover Defender teased before it heads to Kenya
We’re getting closer to the debut of the 2020 Land Rover Defender, which is finally going to be revealed later this year. In the meantime Land Rover has released a whole new batch of teasers of the next-generation Land Rover Defender which is ready to complete its final phase of field testing with Tusk Trust, in Kenya.
The Defender prototype that’s headed to Kenya will tow heavy loads, wade through rivers and carry supplies across unforgiving terrain in a series of real-world trials. Land Rover says that by the time the new Defender is revealed, it will have passed more than 45,000 individual tests in some of the most extreme environments on earth.
“In addition to the extensive simulation and rig testing, we’ve driven new Defender 745,645 miles across all terrains and in extreme climates to ensure that it is the toughest and most capable Land Rover vehicle ever made,” stated Nick Rogers, Executive Director, Product Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover. “The incredible opportunity to put it to the test in the field, supporting operations at the Borana Conservancy in Kenya, with Tusk, will allow our engineers to verify that we are meeting this target as we enter the final phase of our development program.”
More on this: 10 stories
- New Land Rover Defender takes shape
- New Land Rover Defender to complete final phase of testing in Africa
- New Land Rover Defender shapes up
- New Land Rover Defender: fresh testing images released…
- Land Rover teases new Defender
- New Land Rover Defender in final testing
- New Defender Teased To Celebrate World Land Rover Day
- 2020 Land Rover Defender teased in revealing new picture
- Land Rover Defender: new pictures of 2019 model released