New Land Rover Defender takes shape
Land Rover has released an image of its upcoming Defender wearing lighter camouflage than before.
Heavily disguised up until now, the latest picture gives a better indication about the car’s overall look and design.
It comes as the fleet of prototypes begin to take on another set of testing sessions at the Borana Conservancy in Kenya.
The set of cars has just surpassed the 1.2 million kilometre testing mark, having been driven through some of the world’s wildest terrains.
In Kenya, the Defender will be used by conservation team Tusk Trust, where it will be used to tow, wade through rivers and traverse the 14,000-hectare area.
Nick Rogers, executive director , said: “In addition to the extensive testing, we’ve driven the new Defender 1.2 million kilometres in extreme climates to ensure that it is the toughest and most capable Land Rover ever made.
“The opportunity to put it to the test in the field, supporting operations at the Borana Conservancy in Kenya, with Tusk, will allow our engineers to verify that we are meeting this target .”
The new Defender retains the boxy outline of the original, along with the boot-mounted spare wheel.
However, larger alloy wheels sit at all four corners and lights which appear to take inspiration from the Range Rover Sport have been fitted at the front.
The new Defender is due to be revealed in full later on this year, and customers are able to register on Land Rover’s website now.
More on this: 16 stories
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender previewed in Invictus Games livery
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: Prince Harry checks-out lightly disguised prototype
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender testing almost complete
- New Land Rover Defender to complete final phase of testing in Africa
- New Land Rover Defender shapes up
- New Land Rover Defender: fresh testing images released…
- Land Rover teases new Defender
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender entering final stage of testing
- New Land Rover Defender in final testing
- New Defender Teased To Celebrate World Land Rover Day
- 2020 Land Rover Defender teased in revealing new picture
- Land Rover Defender: new pictures of 2019 model released
- 2020 Land Rover Defender teased before it heads to Kenya
- All-new 2020 Land Rover Defender prototype spotted at the Nurburgring
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender spied testing at the Nurburgring