2020 Land Rover Defender leaked via set of Bond film "No Time to Die"
A photo of the 2020 Land Rover Defender is circulating yet again. This time, it's an undisguised example caught between takes on the set of the new James Bond film "No Time to Die."
If Land Rover has been going to any lengths to keep the looks of its new Defender SUV a secret, you wouldn't know it from the multitude of recent leaks and Land-Rover-supplied teases.
Instagram user Steven Firth (shedlocktwothousand) shared a photo of the Defender sitting unoccupied on the film's set. The front-end shot doesn't reveal a whole lot that we haven't learned from spy shots and Land Rover's own teases, but it's nonetheless our first real look at the new Defender in the flesh.
Land Rover's new SUV looks rough-and-ready in its Bond outfit. The suspension is clearly in off-road mode, showing off wheel gaps that match what we've seen in some of Land Rover's own trail photos.
The new SUV's hood is prominently domed with what could be carbon-fiber inserts, though Firth says they are a checker pattern instead. Whether those inserts are production-intent is anybody's guess for the time being.
At this point, we don't know a ton about the new Defender other than the fact that it will come in two and four-door variants (this is obviously a four-door) and will ride on Jaguar-Land Rover's new Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA), which can accommodate electrified powertrains.
The new Defender will be officially unveiled on Sept. 10 at the Frankfurt motor show, so we won't have to wait long to see how much of the "No Time to Die" Defender is rooted in reality.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy