This Is The All-New Land Rover Defender Straight From The Set Of James Bond
An image of the 2020 Land Rover Defender has surfaced online showing the all-new off-roader free of any camouflage.
This photo was allegedly snapped on the film set of the latest James Bond film where the all-new Defender is set to star. It reveals that the vehicle looks drastically different than the previous-generation Defender and has a design more reflective of current Range Rover models.
The front of the 2020 Defender pictured incorporates angled square headlights and a number of small horizontal grilles and air intakes. While it is hard to get a sense of scale of the new Defender from this single image, the front certainly looks lower and narrower than the old model but that could just be our eyes playing tricks on us.
Looking beyond the front of the new Defender you will notice small wing mirrors and a boxy roofline like the old car. There are also flared wheel arches and what looks to be an impressive amount of ground clearance.
Land Rover has released dozens of photos of the new Defender undergoing tests around the world in recent weeks ahead of the vehicle’s global debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month.
Leaked specifications of the new off-roader have confirmed that it will be sold in 90, 110, and 130 configurations. The mid-size Defender 110 will be the first variant to hit the market. Engine options available will include three diesels consisting of a 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 197 hp, a more powerful 2.0-liter with 237 hp, and a 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel developing 296 hp. There will also be three petrol models available, namely a 296 hp 2.0-liter, a 398 hp plug-in hybrid, and a 395 hp 3.0-liter six-cylinder.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy