Uncovered 2020 Land Rover Defender seen on set of Bond film
Fans of Land Rover SUVs have been impatiently awaiting the arrival of the revived next-generation Defender, which in its early iterations did much to grow the reputation of the British brand.
A number of spy shots of the camo-covered SUV have made the rounds online previously, but now a share-happy person on the set of No Time to Die, the latest Bond film, has leaked a full-monty image. The photo shows an uncamouflaged Defender, and it spread via the Instagram account of said share-happy person, who goes by the name of Steven Firth (shedlocktwothousand).
Published yesterday, the image has as of now earned over 2,400 “likes” and more than 270 comments.
The photo doesn’t reveal everything, but it does give a good idea of what we can expect. It shows a good balance between traditional elements of the model of years past and a more modern esthetic. Also noteworthy is how distinct the model is from other Land Rover products that tend to be far too similar to one another.
Case in point are the front headlights, which are square in form but sit on a fairly rounded body, as in the past.
The hook in the front also serves notice of the vehicle’s vocation. In any case, that the Defender is being used in this context in a Bond film action sequence says much about the image the company wants to project for the model.
The 2020 Land Rover Defender will make its official in-person debut next September 10 at the Frankfurt auto show, at which point we’ll have more detailed information and photos.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy