2020 Land Rover Defender Teaser Announces September 10 Reveal
Leaks, what leaks? Land Rover wants you to forget about all those hugely revealing images of the new Defender and focus instead on this new teaser showing a section of the SUV’s muddy front fascia. While the adjacent image isn’t something we haven’t seen before, we do get to find out the Mercedes G-Class rival will debut on September 10 during the first press day of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Those among us who’ve been waiting for the next generation to break cover ever since the old-school Defender bowed out of production at the beginning of 2016 will be glad to hear Land Rover will livestream the reveal event. Needless to say, Motor1.com will have the livestream up and running a few hours before it starts, with the British marque saying the event will begin at 9:50 AM CEST / 7:50 AM GMT / 3:50 AM Eastern Time.
We still have nearly two weeks to go until the premiere, so don’t be too surprised if we’ll be flooded with teasers in the coming days to build up even more hype around the reborn Defender. As you may recall, Land Rover plans Defender 90, 110, and 130 versions, with the latter rumored to accommodate up to eight people.
Land Rover says it will begin to take orders for the new Defender right at the Frankfurt Motor Show, and reports are indicating the first variant to go on sale will be the midrange 110 with a choice of five, six or seven seats. It will be followed March next year by the small 90 model with either five or six seats and eventually by the range-topping 130 in August 2020.
Further down the line, Land Rover might spice up the range with a pickup truck, but only if the Tata Motors-owned company will team up with another automaker since the research and development costs are too high for LR to handle on its own.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy