Land Rover Provides An Official Glimpse Of New Defender Before Frankfurt Debut
Land Rover has dropped the first official teaser image of the latest-generation Defender prior to the off-roader’s global debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show on September 10, 2019.
Throughout the decades, the Defender has established itself as one of the most dependable and capable off-roaders available to the general public and Land Rover is keen to make sure the new Defender lives up to its predecessor.
With that in mind, testing of the new Defender has been taking place through some of the most treacherous areas on earth and in the lead-up to the vehicle’s Frankfurt debut, is tackling the remote Valley of the Castles in Kazakhstan in what Land Rover says is the culmination of an exhaustive global testing programme that has seen the Defender endure temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Celsius to +50 degrees Celsius (-40 Fahrenheit to 122 Fahrenheit).
The teaser image in question previews the front end of the new Defender, showing off the slim front grille and the prominent Defender badge along the hood. Appropriately, the vehicle is covered in mud.
Unfortunately for Land Rover, the new Defender was recently snapped free of any camouflage on the set of the latest James Bond film. It looks decidedly more modern and softer than the previous-generation Defender and looks rather fitting of a Range Rover badge.
Land Rover will sell the new Defender in 90, 110, 130 configurations with no less than three different diesel engines and three petrols including a 398 hp plug-in hybrid.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy