See the New Land Rover Defender Up Close and Muddy Before Its Debut
It seems that the new Land Rover Defender visits the car wash about as often as Teslas visit gas stations. The new SUV was absolutely filthy when it was spotted undisguised on the set of the latest James Bond film, and now even Land Rover's official teaser photo shows the Defender's grille with a big mess of dirt all over it. The new Defender will officially debut September 10 at the Frankfurt auto show.
The highly anticipated Defender marks the return of one of Land Rover's most storied nameplates. While the new model will ride on a unibody platform rather than the body-on-frame underpinnings of past Defenders, it will continue to put an emphasis on off-road ability. Land Rover has showed numerous prototypes of the boxy Defender covering all sorts of terrain since the company announced the new model. At this point, we know that it will offer both two- and four-door models, that it will have an independent front and rear suspension setup, and that Jaguar Land Rover's new inline-six Ingenium engine will be offered.
Land Rover USA already has a website for interested customers to sign up for more information, and the order books for the new model will open as soon as it makes its official debut. A live stream will be available on Land Rover's YouTube and Facebook pages.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy