At $42k, Chelsea Truck's Custom Land Rover Defender Pickup Is A Steal
In a world where custom Land Rover Defenders are being offered for outrageous amounts of money, it’s refreshing to find projects that don’t require someone to be a millionaire in order to afford them.
Such a project is this Land Rover Defender 110 TD pickup truck modified by Chelsea Truck Company in 2016. It’s as good as new, as it has covered only 300 miles (483 km) since being completed. And the price for this rugged, and at the same time luxurious, Defender pickup is £34,999 — roughly $42k at current exchange rates.
Sporting a white exterior with a black leather interior, the right-hand-drive SUV features an array of modifications, the most obvious of which are the wide wheel arches housing chunky Cooper Discoverer off-road tires and stainless steel front bumper replacement including LED lights, DRLs and fog lights.
Other exterior upgrades include the X-Lander front grille including headlight surrounds, stainless steel front skid plate, read mud flaps in toughened rubber, and twin crosshair exhaust system and exhaust shields. Rounding off the changes on the outside are the Chelsea Truck Company black spare wheel cover as well as side vents and bonnet vents with stainless steel mesh.
The cabin has been overhauled in typical Chelsea Truck style, gaining a luxurious ambiance courtesy of quilted leather seats in black, leather-covered door panels and center armrest, as well as a leather-wrapped dashboard. Highlights also include a three-spoke leather steering wheel with billet aluminum inserts, manual gear stick with diff lock in billet finish, vented pedals in machined aluminum, and branded door entry sill plates.
There’s no mention of any mechanical upgrades, so we assume the 2.2-liter four-cylinder turbo diesel is in stock form, which means 120 hp (122 PS) and 266 lb-ft (361 Nm) of torque channeled through a six-speed manual transmission to all four wheels via a standard ΑWD system.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy