Is Land Rover Launching 2020 Defender With Epic Kazakhstan To Frankfurt Expedition?
As one of the most anticipated world debuts at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show, the all-new Defender certainly deserves to make a grand entrance.
That’s likely what will happen, as Land Rover has just released a video teaser suggesting the 2020 Defender will embark on an epic road trip from the Valley of the Castles in Kazakhstan (one of the vehicle’s testing sites) to Frankfurt, Germany.
“We’ve taken the new Land Rover Defender above and beyond with professional mountaineer Kenton Cool in the Valley of the Castles, Kazakhstan. Now it’s headed to Frankfurt for its world premiere, live at 8:50 AM BST on 10/09/19,” reads the video description.
The footage shows Cool drawing a long line on a map from Kazakhstan all the way to Germany and then jumps to him driving the new Defender in the Central Asian wilderness. This seems to suggest that the road trip is on — and what a trip that should be.
An online search reveals that the shortest route on the road between Charyn Canyon National Park and Frankfurt measures around 6,400 kilometers (nearly 3,980 miles) and takes 75 hours of non-stop driving. Mind you, given its off-road capability, we guess the Defender can use a few shortcuts…
The 2020 Defender was already uncovered on the set of the latest James Bond movie, but that image only revealed the front end and a bit of the side profile so there’s still plenty to look forward to. The all-new SUVwill be sold in 90, 110 and 130 body styles, with the mid-size 110 to hit the market first.
According to leaked specs, the engine lineup will consist of a 2.0-liter diesel four with 197 or 237 HP, and a 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel making 296 HP. There will also be three petrol units: a 296 HP 2.0-liter, a 398 hp plug-in hybrid, and a 395 hp 3.0-liter six-cylinder.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy