2020 Land Rover Defender Teaser With Rear-Mounted Spare Wheel
Who would have thought weekends will be a great time to release Frankfurt Motor Show teasers? Well, I guess that's one of the perks of writing outside the workweek, such as this one – catching the latest teaser of the Land Rover Defender.
In this footage, Land Rover exhibits the proven capabilities of the famous off-roader through a zoomed-out shot of a naked Defender. While it's challenging to see the details of the vehicle, there's one thing that we can confirm based on the video: the Defender 90 will have its spare wheels at the back.
Gallery: 2020 Land Rover Defender Testing with Red Cross experts
Keep in mind that previous spy shots and official prototype testing have shown the Defender 110 not having a spare wheel at the back, while the 90 were seen both with and without the spare tire.
Well, speculations can now be put to rest as this recent video confirms that the Defender 90 will have an extra wheel at the tailgate. Now, what about the Defender 110 and 130? Guess we have to wait for more teasers or ultimately wait for the reveal on September 10.
Meanwhile, details about the Defender have surfaced before the scheduled debut. According to those who have driven the prototype, the Defender will come with two suspension types: air and coil. The air suspension will have a temperature monitor in the dampers to protect the vehicle, while Land Rover has strengthened the subframes with reinforcements. Even better, 18-inch wheels are standard with the option to go up to 22 inches.
More details will be revealed on September 10, 2019 at the 2020 Land Rover Defender reveal at the Frankfurt Motor Show. As for the Defender's new look, well, someone leaked a camo-free image, which you can see here.Source: via Youtube
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy