2020 Land Rover Defender Uncovered Early In 90 And 110 Guises
A host of images and details of the all-new 2020 Land Rover Defender have surfaced online prior to the off-roader’s debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show later this week.
These images were shared online by the soflorovers Instagram account and are said to have come from the SA4x4 magazine in South Africa. They look to be the real deal.
Initial models to launch will be the Land Rover Defender 90 and Land Rover Defender 110. The latter of these has 291 mm (11.4-inches of ground clearance), an approach angle of 38 degrees, breakover angle of 28 degrees, a departure angle of 40 degrees, and a wading depth of 900 mm (35 inches). The article doesn’t offer many details about the Defender 90 version other than a handful of photos.
At launch, in South Africa at least, the Defender 110 will be offered with Jaguar Land Rover’s 3.0-liter P400 straight-six petrol delivering an impressive 400 hp and 405 lb-ft (550 Nm) of torque. On the diesel front is a 2.0-liter P240 turbo with 240 hp and 317 lb-ft (430 Nm) of torque. Clippings from the article also confirm the off-roader will come with Land Rover’s latest Configurable Terrain Response system that supports a Wade function. Permanent all-wheel drive comes standard alongside a center differential. Customers can option an Active Locking rear differential.
In terms of looks, the new Defender adopts a more restrained and Range Rover-esque appearance. The front doesn’t feature a traditional grille and instead a handful of small horizontal cut-outs. Spin around to the sides and both the 90 and 110 models feature pronounced body-colored C-pillars and small windows on the side of the roof. Found at the rear is the spare wheel and four square taillights.
The new Land Rover Defender will be officially unveiled tomorrow so be sure to stay tuned to Carscoops to see more of this eagerly-anticipated off-roader.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy