2020 Land Rover Defender debuts in Frankfurt
Land Rover has finally unveiled the 2020 Land Rover Defender and the good news is that the icon will be returning to the US.
The 2020 Defender was officially unveiled today at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. As expected, the new Defender isn’t a true retro redo of the original. Instead the 2020 Defender is a modern, boxy SUV with a few styling cues pulled from the Defender’s past.
The 2020 Defender will be offered in two versions, the two-door Defender 90 and the four-door Defender 110. The Defender 90 has 8.5 inches of ground clearance, while the four-door 110 version has 8.6-inches of space beneath it and both versions travel through 35.4 inches of water.
Under the hood there are two engine options. The base and S-trim Defender 110s are powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 296 horsepower and 295 lb-ft. of torque. The Defender 90 and the upper trims of the 110 get a 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder mild hybrid powertrain with 395 hp and 406 lb-ft. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with permanent four-wheel drive.
Inside the rugged interior, the 2020 Defender is packed with the latest tech features, like a 10-inch PIVI Pro infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster with 3D maps, a head-up display that can show videos and a rearview mirror that displays the view from the backup camera.
The 2020 Land Rover Defender 110 will arrive in the spring, while the 90 will arrive about a year later. The Defender 110 will start at $50,925.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy