Can't afford a new Land Rover Defender? There's now a Lego version
Worried about how you’ll find £45,000 for a new Land Rover Defender? Fear not, there is a cheaper way. Meet the Lego Technic Defender.
The new Lego kit was developed in collaboration with Land Rover for immediate release after the car’s debut. Consisting of 2,573 pieces, there’s no pre-ordering and picking this one up from the dealership. You’ve got to build it yourself.
The model features replica body panels and wheels from the real thing, as well as four-wheel drive and three differentials. The Defender’s independent suspension, which disappointed some hardcore off-road enthusiasts, is also recreated here. There’s even a working winch.
“I’m very excited about this new model – a truly impressive job done by our Lego Group designers,” said Niels Henrik Horsted, marketing director at Lego.
“Together with Land Rover, we’ve blended elements, design and innovative engineering into a set that shows the boundless creativity of Lego play, and that with Lego Technic you can build for real.”
The Lego Defender joins a rapidly growing stable of Lego vehicles, including the Bugatti Chiron, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, McLaren Senna and Porsche 919.
In case you were completely shut away from society yesterday, click here to learn everything you need to know about the new Land Rover Defender.
The Above and Beyond collection
If you fancy some Defender merchandise, but Lego is a bit childish for you, there’s also a new clothing collection. It’s a collaboration between Land Rover and Musto, a manufacturer of technical sportswear.
A series of jackets, gloves and other bits of adventure clothing are available, as well as some gadgets. All useful for when you’re off adventuring in your Defender.
More on this: 117 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy