Toyota Land Cruiser And Land Rover Discovery Meet In Off-Road Duel
In the world of off-roading, there are only two types of land: Rovers and Cruisers. In this battle of the lands, The Fast Lane Truck took modified examples of a Land Rover Discovery Series 2 and a 200-series Toyota Land Cruiser off the beaten path to see how each fared against nature's harsh geography.
Predictably, both SUVs managed quite well on the multi-stage off-road journey. But only one seems to make more sense as an SUV that is both capable off-road and daily driveable on asphalt, while the other is simply capable off-pavement. Of course, you will need to watch the above video to see which SUV is labeled as such.
What we will share, though, is that both the Land Rover and Land Cruiser look right at home bouncing over rocks and ruts and through dirt. No surprise, really, as the Discovery and Land Cruiser include four-wheel-drive systems with a dedicated low range and off-road friendly body-on-frame construction. It also doesn't hurt that both SUVs feature torque-rich V8 engines under their respective hoods.
Of course, we would love to see someone take this comparison one step further and pit a modern Land Rover – such as the 2020 Discovery, Defender, or Range Rover – against the 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition. Sure, such a comparison would eliminate old-school tech such as the Series 2 Discovery's live front axle from the equation, but it would also put to bed which of these modern lands is the best brand-new tool to take off-road: the Rover or the Cruiser.Source: via YouTube
More on this: 68 stories
- Land Rover planning small and luxury Defender models
- Inchcape opens JLR dealership on former Derby Cattle Market site
- Return of Defender Opens Door to Bargain-basement Land Rover, Report Claims
- Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic Black Edition Is A UK-Only Affair
- Land Rover plotting baby Defender to take on Suzuki Jimny
- Overfinch creates a 450bhp soft-top Land Rover Defender 90 for £240k
- Land Rover Defender By Overfinch Is A Green Gem With Massive Engine
- New Land Rover Defender appears on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- Land Rover may be planning a $33,000 small SUV based on Defender
- Land Rover Said To Be Developing Budget Off-Roader And Luxury Defender
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power