Farnell Land Rover Nelson to relocate during major redevelopment
Vertu Motors' Farnell Land Rover Nelson dealership is set to temporarily relocate to a nearby former Perry’s Citroen dealership to facilitate a thorough programme of redevlopment works.
The franchised car dealership's current site is on the Lomeshaye Business Park, Churchill Way, but work is required to create new a six-car showroom, in-line with the Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Arch concept corporate identity.
It will operate from Perry’s Citroen dealership on Turner Road for the next year, Farnell said in a statement..
Allison Reede, head of business at Farnell Land Rover Nelson, said: “This major investment is fantastic news for customers and colleagues alike and demonstrates the company’s commitment to the area.
“Our prime concern during the redevelopment is to ensure that new and existing customers are not inconvenienced in any way and to assure them that we will offering our usual exemplary service.
“In fact, they will be able to monitor the progress of the redevelopment as the temporary location is situated just a hundred yards away.”
Recently, Farnell Land Rover refurbished its Guiseley showroom, with a £4 million refurbishment of the now 10-car showroom.
The Guiseley site was built in 1984, and its recent refurbish allowed the team to showcase a variety of the cars the company has been working on.
AM recently reported how JLR had eased off on its Arch Concept demands as it aims to complete the network upgrade that was supposed to have been completed by the end of 2018.
Despite the change of stance, JLR UK managing director, Rawdon Glover, told AM that all of its franchised dealers will still have to invest in the £1bn CI, adding that every dealer with both brands will still have to invest in Dual Arch and that the project will continue.
More on this: 68 stories
- Land Rover planning small and luxury Defender models
- Inchcape opens JLR dealership on former Derby Cattle Market site
- Return of Defender Opens Door to Bargain-basement Land Rover, Report Claims
- Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic Black Edition Is A UK-Only Affair
- Land Rover plotting baby Defender to take on Suzuki Jimny
- Overfinch creates a 450bhp soft-top Land Rover Defender 90 for £240k
- Land Rover Defender By Overfinch Is A Green Gem With Massive Engine
- New Land Rover Defender appears on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- Land Rover may be planning a $33,000 small SUV based on Defender
- Land Rover Said To Be Developing Budget Off-Roader And Luxury Defender
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power