New Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition hits SA!
The new Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition has arrived in South Africa sporting the British brand's supercharged V8.
Developed by Land Rover Special Vehicles, the flagship Velar draws 405 kW and 680 N.m from its 5,0-litre V8 heart. It will be part of the local range for one year only, priced at R1 743 325 at launch.
With that oomph directed to all four corners via an eight-speed automatic transmission, the Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition will hit 100 km/h from standstill in a claimed 4,5 seconds before topping out at 274 km/h.
The range-topper features uprated braking (with 395 mm front and 396 mm rear discs, as well as red brake callipers) and suspension systems, as well as model-specific exterior styling elements such as a new front bumper (with larger air intakes), redesigned grille, fresh lower side mouldings and a revised rear bumper framing the quad tailpipes (the latter linked to a bespoke, lightweight active exhaust set-up).
The “Range Rover” lettering on the bonnet and tailgate, meanwhile, features a knurled finish, while Land Rover says the lightweight 21-inch forged alloys wheels weigh the same as the 20-inch items on the core model (optional 22-inch wheels with a unique “Silver Sparkle” finish and diamond-turned edging or with a “Dark Grey” finish are also available).
In addition, the SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition is the only Velar available in Satin Byron Blue (there are five other choices), while all models feature a contrast Narvik Black roof as standard.
Inside, you’ll find twin-stitched, perforated and quilted Windsor leather along with 20-way power-adjustable (and heated and cooled) front seats, each with memory and massage functions as standard. There’s also a model-specific sports steering wheel and a knurled finish for the rotary gear selector and infotainment dials.
See Full Land Rover Range Rover Velar price and specs here
More on this: 115 stories
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy
- What the Coming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid and Ford Bronco Hybrid Can Learn From the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
- 2020 Land Rover Defender To Get G63-Rivalling SVR Variant?