Work gets under way on £2.4m refurbishment of Farnell Land Rover Bradford
WORK has started on a £2.4 million refurbishment of Farnell Land Rover Bradford that will see the retailer undergo a complete renovation and extension.
Once completed, the King’s Road dealership will boast a nine-car showroom, designed in line with the Jaguar Land Rover Arch concept, that is expected to create a number of new full-time jobs in the coming years as Land Rover introduce new models to its range.
The new-look showroom, which is scheduled to open on April 20, 2020, will be fully air-conditioned and will have more electric charging points for the widely anticipated new electric models from Jaguar and Land Rover. The retailer will also have an 11-bay technician workshop, MOT bay, display space for 50 approved used cars, extra customer parking spaces, plus a barista bar.
The dealership has moved into Jaguar Bradford, less than a mile away in Canal Road, while the work is carried out.
The new Defender, which is launched next spring, the all-new Range Rover Evoque and a range of plug-in hybrid vehicles will be showcased in the new premises.
Howard Jessop, head of business at Farnell Land Rover Bradford, said: ‘This development will meet the 2020 capacities and corporate vision set out by Jaguar Land Rover.
‘The significant investment demonstrates the company’s confidence in Bradford and its economy and will create a flagship facility for customers of the luxury brand.’
Pictured is an artist’s impression of the new-look showroom
More on this: 115 stories
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy
- What the Coming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid and Ford Bronco Hybrid Can Learn From the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
- 2020 Land Rover Defender To Get G63-Rivalling SVR Variant?