2020 Land Rover Defender To Get G63-Rivalling SVR Variant?
Land Rover has reportedly already developed a running prototype of the Defender SVR at its engineering base in Gaydon. It is believed that the vehicle will feature a twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 from BMW, thanks to a recent technical supply deal reached between the two premium car manufacturers. This engine will later be introduced across the Jaguar Land Rover family, replacing the aging 5.0-liter supercharged V8.
In the X5 M and M8 this mill delivers a very impressive 616 HP, but will likely be capped to around 500 for use in the Defender SVR. It will be mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission powering all four wheels.
The report also states that the aluminum-intensive platform used by the latest-generation Defender will make it relatively easy for engineers to develop the SVR. An air suspension is tipped to come as standard, as is a tweaked Terrain Response 2 system that will reportedly include a track mode for sportier handling.
Visually, the Defender SVR will allegedly be more aggressive than lesser models. For example, there will be massive 22-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, revised bumpers, enlarged air intakes, and a distinctive hood. Although the new Defender will eventually be available in three variants, only the four-door, 110 model is thought to be getting the SVR treatment, with its launch expected towards the end of 2021.
More on this: 115 stories
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy
- What the Coming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid and Ford Bronco Hybrid Can Learn From the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
- Land Rover Defender SVR To Get BMW Engine With 500 Horsepower?