New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
The trophy handover caps off Land Rover’s sponsorship duties at this year’s Rugby World Cup. The brand sponsored the 2015 edition of the tournament too, in which Land Rover commissioned a bespoke previous-generation Defender 110, outfitted with an illuminated, climate controlled trophy cabinet.
Land Rover’s new short wheelbase Defender 90 will go on sale later this year. Standard equipment will include a heated windscreen, LED headlamps, eight-way adjustable heated front seats, a 10-inch Pivi Pro infotainment system and a set of 18-inch steel wheels. It’ll also be available with seating for up to six, with two three-seat benches.
Like the new Defender 110, the 90 will be offered with a choice of four themed option packs. Land Rover’s Rugby World Cup delivery vehicle will be finished in the British firm’s Urban pack, which adds a front undershield, a bright rear scuff plate, metal pedals and a set of 21-inch five-spoke alloy wheels.
Land Rover will also offer an Adventure pack, which adds a side-mounted gear-carrier, an integrated air compressor, mud flaps and a backpack built into the rear seat. Country specification models will feature wheel arch protection and a full-height loadspace partition. Finally, the Explorer package comes with a snorkel air intake, a 26kg roof rack, a matte black bonnet decal and a spare wheel cover.
What do you make of the Land Rover Defender’s appearance at the Rugby World Cup? Let us know in the comments section below…
More on this: 77 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery spied with hybrid power in pipeline
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Road test review: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Expanding the portfolio: Jaguar Land Rover acquires Bowler
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- Jaguar Land Rover has bought off-road specialists Bowler
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Jaguar Land Rover Acquires Bowler, The Famous Off-Road Specialist
- Jaguar Land Rover buys off-road racing specialist Bowler
- Bowler Officially Joins The Jaguar Land Rover Family
- Range Rover Sport SVR Has No Chance Against Mercedes-AMG G63