New Land Rover Defender 90 delivers Rugby World Cup Trophy
The trophy handover caps off Land Rover’s sponsorship duties at this year’s Rugby World Cup. The brand sponsored the 2015 edition of the tournament too, in which Land Rover commissioned a bespoke previous-generation Defender 110, outfitted with an illuminated, climate controlled trophy cabinet.
Land Rover’s new short wheelbase Defender 90 will go on sale later this year. Standard equipment will include a heated windscreen, LED headlamps, eight-way adjustable heated front seats, a 10-inch Pivi Pro infotainment system and a set of 18-inch steel wheels. It’ll also be available with seating for up to six, with two three-seat benches.
Like the new Defender 110, the 90 will be offered with a choice of four themed option packs. Land Rover’s Rugby World Cup delivery vehicle will be finished in the British firm’s Urban pack, which adds a front undershield, a bright rear scuff plate, metal pedals and a set of 21-inch five-spoke alloy wheels.
Land Rover will also offer an Adventure pack, which adds a side-mounted gear-carrier, an integrated air compressor, mud flaps and a backpack built into the rear seat. Country specification models will feature wheel arch protection and a full-height loadspace partition. Finally, the Explorer package comes with a snorkel air intake, a 26kg roof rack, a matte black bonnet decal and a spare wheel cover.
What do you make of the Land Rover Defender’s appearance at the Rugby World Cup? Let us know in the comments section below…
More on this: 115 stories
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
- Jaguar Land Rover unlikely to go smaller than Evoque, E-Pace
- Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
- New electric Range Rover previewed in exclusive images
- Land Rover Considering Defender 90 Commercial Model For The U.S.
- New electric Range Rover takes aim at Bentley and Rolls-Royce
- REVIEW: Range Rover Evoque still a style leader for luxury SUVs
- New Land Rover Defender 90 to deliver Rugby World Cup Trophy
- What the Coming Jeep Wrangler Hybrid and Ford Bronco Hybrid Can Learn From the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
- 2020 Land Rover Defender To Get G63-Rivalling SVR Variant?
- Land Rover Defender SVR To Get BMW Engine With 500 Horsepower?