Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
There’s an all-new Land Rover Defender out, built using modern underpinnings and fitted with the latest tech gear. However, to some, the old iteration of the iconic British SUV is still preferable.
Legacy Overland is one of them, and their latest project breathes new life into one such ride. Named the Surf Edition, it was stripped down to the bone and had its diesel engine, 5-speed transmission and transfer case, body panels and pretty much everything else restored.
Finished in Keswick Green with black accents, this Defender 90 features a soft top, bull bar, steel bumpers and side steps, two rally-style lamps at the front and underbody protection. Xenon headlamps, 16-inch rims wrapped in BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, suspension lift, battery kill switch and a six-point roll cage are also part of the package.
The cabin is bathed in stitched beige leatherette, which can be found on the upper and lower parts of the dashboard, seats, center armrest and door panels, with a diamond pattern. The classic SUV has a steel lockable cubby box, too, and it can either get the party started or keep it going thanks to the aftermarket Pioneer sound system with an amplifier, subwoofer, four speakers and Bluetooth media receiver. The custom Legacy Overland dials, front and rear Land Rover rubber mats and four inward-facing jump seats in the load area, with seatbelts, complete the build.
More on this: 70 stories
- 2019 Range Rover Sport P400e PHEV Offers Tons Of Character, But Lacks In Some Departments
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery gets hybrid tech as part of mid-cycle udpate
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery spied with hybrid power in pipeline
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Road test review: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Range Rover Sport SVR Has No Chance Against Mercedes-AMG G63