Land Rover Defender "Surf Edition" Will Make You Wish It Was Summer In The Northern Hemisphere
There’s an all-new Land Rover Defender out, built using modern underpinnings and fitted with the latest tech gear. However, to some, the old iteration of the iconic British SUV is still preferable.
Legacy Overland is one of them, and their latest project breathes new life into one such ride. Named the Surf Edition, it was stripped down to the bone and had its diesel engine, 5-speed transmission and transfer case, body panels and pretty much everything else restored.
Finished in Keswick Green with black accents, this Defender 90 features a soft top, bull bar, steel bumpers and side steps, two rally-style lamps at the front and underbody protection. Xenon headlamps, 16-inch rims wrapped in BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, suspension lift, battery kill switch and a six-point roll cage are also part of the package.
The cabin is bathed in stitched beige leatherette, which can be found on the upper and lower parts of the dashboard, seats, center armrest and door panels, with a diamond pattern. The classic SUV has a steel lockable cubby box, too, and it can either get the party started or keep it going thanks to the aftermarket Pioneer sound system with an amplifier, subwoofer, four speakers and Bluetooth media receiver. The custom Legacy Overland dials, front and rear Land Rover rubber mats and four inward-facing jump seats in the load area, with seatbelts, complete the build.
More on this: 109 stories
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- All new Jaguars and Land Rovers will get over-the-air updates
- Pricing! 24 special-edition Range Rover Sport units for SA...
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021