New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
Exclusive behind-the-scenes images and a teaser video have been released of the all-new Land Rover Defender’s starring role in the latest James Bond film.
Fans can watch the new Defender 110 performing in extreme off-road conditions during the filming of No Time To Die – the 25th official outing for 007.
Stunt co-ordinator Lee Morrison and stunt driver Jess Hawkins give an insight into creating No Time To Die’s spectacular car chase sequences during the teaser video.
“Designing and co-ordinating the action sequences for the Bond franchise requires a non-compromising mindset,” explained Lee.
“We needed an unstoppable vehicle to help us battle against the elements, steep descents and river crossings so we chose the new Defender.
“I’m beyond impressed that the Defender is not only back but much, much better!”
And the producers have kept it in the family because a Range Rover Sport SVR, Land Rover Series III and Range Rover Classic also star in the film, due to be released in April 2020.
Land Rover has a long-standing partnership with EON Productions on the Bond films, which began in 1983 when a Range Rover Convertible appeared in Octopussy.
Land Rover’s Richard Agnew added: “No Time To Die is a brilliant way to showcase the new Defender’s capabilities in the latest jaw-dropping James Bond car chase.
“It’s been hugely exciting to continue our relationship with EON Productions and work with their teams to deliver a spectacular sequence.”
More on this: 109 stories
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- All new Jaguars and Land Rovers will get over-the-air updates
- Pricing! 24 special-edition Range Rover Sport units for SA...
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film