New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
Exclusive behind-the-scenes images and a teaser video have been released of the all-new Land Rover Defender’s starring role in the latest James Bond film.
Fans can watch the new Defender 110 performing in extreme off-road conditions during the filming of No Time To Die – the 25th official outing for 007.
Stunt co-ordinator Lee Morrison and stunt driver Jess Hawkins give an insight into creating No Time To Die’s spectacular car chase sequences during the teaser video.
“Designing and co-ordinating the action sequences for the Bond franchise requires a non-compromising mindset,” explained Lee.
“We needed an unstoppable vehicle to help us battle against the elements, steep descents and river crossings so we chose the new Defender.
“I’m beyond impressed that the Defender is not only back but much, much better!”
And the producers have kept it in the family because a Range Rover Sport SVR, Land Rover Series III and Range Rover Classic also star in the film, due to be released in April 2020.
Land Rover has a long-standing partnership with EON Productions on the Bond films, which began in 1983 when a Range Rover Convertible appeared in Octopussy.
Land Rover’s Richard Agnew added: “No Time To Die is a brilliant way to showcase the new Defender’s capabilities in the latest jaw-dropping James Bond car chase.
“It’s been hugely exciting to continue our relationship with EON Productions and work with their teams to deliver a spectacular sequence.”
More on this: 70 stories
- 2019 Range Rover Sport P400e PHEV Offers Tons Of Character, But Lacks In Some Departments
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery gets hybrid tech as part of mid-cycle udpate
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery spied with hybrid power in pipeline
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Road test review: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Range Rover Sport SVR Has No Chance Against Mercedes-AMG G63