'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film
The new Land Rover Defender will be pushed to the limits in the upcoming James Bond film "No Time To Die."
Behind-the-scenes footage shows the iconic motor hurtling through the air in a high-speed chase. The British automaker confirmed the luxurious SUV will make its cinematic debut in the James Bond movie, which is set to hit screens in April next year.
While it isn't known what role the £45,000 ($57,000) Defender will play in the film, the trailer confirms it will definitely hit some very high speeds. The teaser video shows the film's stunt co-ordinator Lee Morrison and expert driver Jess Hawkins behind the wheel as they fly through a muddy field.
In one sequence, one of the blacked-out vehicles can even be seen rolling over onto its roof.
The cars used in the thrilling sneak peek are based on the Defender X model finished in Santorini Black with 20-inch alloy wheels and darkened skid plates. But due to the action-packed scenes, they've also been fitted with a roll cage, new bucket seats, racing harnesses and a pair of off-road tires.
The latest installment in the iconic Bond series will also feature the Range Rover Sport SVR, Series III Land Rover and Range Rover Classic.
The Defender was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show earlier this year to much acclaim, after its previous model ceased production in 2016.
Lee Morrison, stunt coordinator for the film, said: "Designing and co-ordinating the action sequences for the Bond franchise requires a non-compromising mindset. We needed an unstoppable vehicle to help us battle against the elements, steep descents and river crossings so we chose the new Defender. I'm beyond impressed that the Defender is not only back but much, much better."
More on this: 109 stories
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- All new Jaguars and Land Rovers will get over-the-air updates
- Pricing! 24 special-edition Range Rover Sport units for SA...
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021