Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
Land Rover is bringing the 2020 Defender to the LA Auto Show for its North American debut, announcing at the same time the U.S. pricing for the short-wheelbase 90 variant, which will kick off from “around $50,000”.
However, if you want to be one of the first to get the short Defender 90 in the States in the summer of 2020, you’ll have to shell out at least $65,100 for the special P400 First Edition as the full range of the three-door variant will become available later in the fall.
We already know that the longer Land Rover Defender 110 will be priced from $49,900 and will reach dealerships across the country in the spring of 2020.
Customers will get to choose between the base P300, which uses a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 296 HP, and the more powerful P400, which employs a mild-hybrid 3.0-liter straight-six unit with 395 HP. Both powertrains are combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission with a two-speed transfer case and AWD system.
In addition, Land Rover will have the Defender featured in the upcoming James Bond movie ‘No Time to Die’ on display during the auto show. The new James Bond movie is expected to hit theaters in April 2020.
The short Land Rover Defender 90 will offer up to six seats –if you opt for the front jump seat– while the longer 110 bodystyle will offer five, six or 5+2 seating options. The revived off-road icon is also the company’s first model to feature the new Configurable Terrain Response, which will allow the driver to fine-tune a wide range of settings to suit the driving conditions more precisely than ever.
More on this: 70 stories
- 2019 Range Rover Sport P400e PHEV Offers Tons Of Character, But Lacks In Some Departments
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery gets hybrid tech as part of mid-cycle udpate
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery spied with hybrid power in pipeline
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Road test review: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Range Rover Sport SVR Has No Chance Against Mercedes-AMG G63