Land Rover's Short Defender 90 Sets Foot In America, Start Froms “Around $50k”
Land Rover is bringing the 2020 Defender to the LA Auto Show for its North American debut, announcing at the same time the U.S. pricing for the short-wheelbase 90 variant, which will kick off from “around $50,000”.
However, if you want to be one of the first to get the short Defender 90 in the States in the summer of 2020, you’ll have to shell out at least $65,100 for the special P400 First Edition as the full range of the three-door variant will become available later in the fall.
We already know that the longer Land Rover Defender 110 will be priced from $49,900 and will reach dealerships across the country in the spring of 2020.
Customers will get to choose between the base P300, which uses a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 296 HP, and the more powerful P400, which employs a mild-hybrid 3.0-liter straight-six unit with 395 HP. Both powertrains are combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission with a two-speed transfer case and AWD system.
In addition, Land Rover will have the Defender featured in the upcoming James Bond movie ‘No Time to Die’ on display during the auto show. The new James Bond movie is expected to hit theaters in April 2020.
The short Land Rover Defender 90 will offer up to six seats –if you opt for the front jump seat– while the longer 110 bodystyle will offer five, six or 5+2 seating options. The revived off-road icon is also the company’s first model to feature the new Configurable Terrain Response, which will allow the driver to fine-tune a wide range of settings to suit the driving conditions more precisely than ever.
More on this: 109 stories
- Aston Martin DB5, Vantage and DBS Superleggera star in new James Bond 'No Time to Die' trailer
- New Land Rover Defender: full specs and details on the 2020 off-road icon
- All new Jaguars and Land Rovers will get over-the-air updates
- Pricing! 24 special-edition Range Rover Sport units for SA...
- Land Rover Defender Still Rugged But Refined, JLR Says
- The new Land Rover Defender lands a role in the upcoming 007 movie
- Road test: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Revised 2020 Jaguar E-Pace mule caught on camera
- Land Rover Defender Poised for Comeback
- 2020 Land Rover Defender interior tour and review
- Jaguar Land Rover chief wants alliances, not a merger
- Land Rover Defender 90 will start 'around $50,000'
- WATCH | New Land Rover Defender retains its original features with a modern twist
- Boston native dedicated to Jaguar Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender teaser video from Daniel Craig's last James Bond film No Time to Die
- New 2021 Range Rover Crossover to arrive with all-electric and hybrid power
- 007 puts the Land Rover Defender through its toughest test yet
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Does Its Thing In New James Bond Movie
- Land Rover Defender Confirmed To Star In New James Bond Movie
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to join fleet of Aston Martins in new Bond movie
- Land Rover New Defender does extreme stunts in next James Bond film
- New Land Rover Defender on the set of new 007 film 'No Time to Die'
- All-new Range Rover Crossover planned for 2021
- 'No Time to Die' stunt team jumps and rolls new Land Rover Defender for James Bond film