Overfinch creates a 450bhp soft-top Land Rover Defender 90 for £240k
Overfinch has transformed a Defender 90 into a bespoke, one-of-one soft top 4x4, specially commissioned with a host of expensive upgrades.
Well known for its work modifying Land Rovers and Range Rovers, this latest effort from the London-based firm will be more likely to reside on the streets of London than in a muddy field.
That’s not to say that this soft top Defender isn’t impressive or capable. A 450bhp 6.2-litre V8 sits under the bonnet and to keep the extra power in check the brakes have been uprated, too. A stainless-steel sports exhaust system also features, which should do much to amplify that General Motors-sourced engine.
The green paint is matched with a green and tan leather interior and the Recaro sport seats should be able to keep occupants stable through quickly taken corners or unlikely off-road forays. In typical Overfinch style, there’s plenty of chrome dotted around the interior.
Exterior touches like the 18-inch Overfinch-branded alloy wheels, contrasting bonnet and an SVX front grille should ensure this drop-top Defender won’t get mistaken for a normal version.
Instead of rear seats there’s teak decking and a lockable storage box featuring an Overfinch 'Special-Commission’ plaque. There’s even a roll-over cage, but owners won’t want to test that out as prices start from £239,990.
While this Defender 90 remains a one-off, Overfinch says it’s available in right and left-hand drive.
What do you think of Overfinch’s latest Land Rover creation? Let us know in the comments below...
More on this: 77 stories
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery spied with hybrid power in pipeline
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Road test review: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Expanding the portfolio: Jaguar Land Rover acquires Bowler
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- Jaguar Land Rover has bought off-road specialists Bowler
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Jaguar Land Rover Acquires Bowler, The Famous Off-Road Specialist
- Jaguar Land Rover buys off-road racing specialist Bowler
- Bowler Officially Joins The Jaguar Land Rover Family
- Range Rover Sport SVR Has No Chance Against Mercedes-AMG G63