Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
Aftermarket companies continue to roll out Land Rover Defender restomod projects like there’s no tomorrow, seemingly undisturbed by the launch of the all-new Defender.
Himalaya is one of them and the Charleston, South Carolina-based company has unveiled its latest creation: an LS3-powered Defender 110 Crew Cab pickup that combines enhanced off-road performance with comfort and luxury.
At the heart of this custom Defender 110 is a brand-new 6.2-liter LS3 Corvette performance engine that delivers more than 525 horsepower and 495 lb-ft (671 Nm) of torque. With so much power and torque at their disposal, chances are there won’t be many obstacles able to stop this Defender.
Engine swap aside, the custom project also features a completely new fuel system, full disc brake conversion, reconditioned wiring and an all-new air conditioning system. Meanwhile, inside customers are pampered with custom black diamond stitched leather seats, modern Puma dash with carbon fiber accents, a Momo leather steering wheel and a custom audio system with Alpine touchscreen.
Himalaya also improved the soundproofing of the Defender and claims the off-roader is now on par with modern SUVs when it comes to interior noise levels at 70 mph (113 km/h) despite being fitted with large all-terrain tires.
There’s not much to dislike about this custom Defender truck, at least not until the price comes into play. It costs $250,000, which makes it considerably more expensive than a Lamborghini Urus or a Bentley Bentayga – not to mention other off-road restomod projects.
More on this: 86 stories
- Land Rover Deploys Fleet of New Defenders for COVID-19 Response
- Jaguar/Land Rover Donate Redirect Hundreds of Vehicles From Press Fleet To Red Cross
- Land Rover Defender launch in U.S. could be delayed
- Fleet of new Defenders made available to Red Cross
- Coronavirus: Jaguar Land Rover lends 160 cars to Red Cross, NHS
- JLR Deploys Army Of Cars Worldwide To Fight Pandemic
- Land Rover puts Defender to work for emergency services
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck