Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
The new Land Rover Defender is claimed to have world's first dual-modem, dual eSIM connectivity, powered by twin Qualcomm Snapdragon 820Am automotive platforms, each with an integrated Snapdragon X12 modem.
The 4x4 luxury SUVs come with 16 electronic modules that can be updated anywhere in the world, using cloud-based technology from CloudCar, claims JLR. Apart from that, these SUVs also get a comprehensive range of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) developed with Bosch.
Commenting on the features of the car, Peter Virk, Director of conncted car and future technology, Jaguar Land Rover, said, "With one LTE modem and eSIM dedicated to the Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) technology and the same set-up looking after music streaming and apps, new Defender has the digital capacity to keep customers connected, updated and entertained at all times anywhere in the world."
He also said, "You could liken the design to a brain, with each half enjoying its own connection for unrivalled and uninterrupted service. Like the brain, one side of the system looks after logical functions, like SOTA, while the other takes care of more creative tasks."
More on this: 6 stories
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere