Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
The Defy 21 Land Rover Edition – which has taken four years to create – is limited to 250 pieces, with the arrival timed to coincide with the launch of the new Defender.
It’s not the first time Land Rover has worked with Zenith. In the past, the companies have collaborated to create the El Primero Range Rover, Chronomaster El Primero Range Rover Velar and Defy Classic Evoque watches.
The Defender watch features a micro-blasted titanium case that absorbs light from all angles. The dial appears as one with the case with its muted matte grey colour to offer a ‘very different look to the open-dial standard versions of the Defy 21’ watch.
For the first time on a Defy 21, Zenith has fitted the Land Rover Edition with a linear power reserve window, shown below the Zenith logo.
’The best timepiece’
Turning the watch over reveals a miniaturised five-spoke Land Rover wheel, through which is a view of the El Primero 21 1/100sec movement with a custom oscillating weight.
There are two straps: ‘Adventure’, with an all-terrain textured rubber, and ‘Country’, which features a grey rubber strap with a fabric effect and orange stitching.
Professor Gerry McGovern, Land Rover chief creative officer, said: “For the next chapter in our partnership with Zenith we wanted a timepiece that captured the essence of the new Land Rover Defender: modern, durable and highly desirable.
”With subtle details that capture the character of new Defender, this for me is the best timepiece we have created with Zenith.”
Julian Tornare, CEO of Zenith, added: “Like the El Primero and its numerous versions through the years, the Land Rover Defender now enters a new era with a bold and distinctive character.
”Zenith’s Defy 21 Land Rover Edition chronograph also reinterprets the past in a forward-looking way, with an emphasis on durability, precision, comfort and bold design.”
Unique selling points of the Defender watch
The Land Rover Defender watch costs 13,900 Swiss francs, which is around £11,000 at the current exchange rate.
More on this: 45 stories
- 2022 Land Rover Range Rover Sport spy shots
- This 'Baby' Land Rover Defender SUV Looks Absolutely Perfect
- Land Rover Defender 90 Price, Specs, Photos & Review
- Land Rover Defender Irish prices announced
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests
- This 1988 Modded Land Rover Defender Is Ruggedness At Its Best
- New 2020 Land Rover Defender: full details, specs and pics
- The new Land Rover Defender has gone into production
- Overfinch Turns Land Rover Defender 90 Into $320k Bespoke Off-Roader
- See 2020 Land Rover Defender Get Trashed By Its Chief Engineer