Land Rover Defender Irish prices announced
Land Rover Ireland has confirmed that the new Defender will start from €68,160 when it arrives in Irish dealers later this year. That's for a 110 2.0 SD4 AWD Auto model, which suggests that won't be the cheapest price once the full range arrives - we'd assume that a short-wheelbase TD4 model would be more affordable than that.
National dealership tour starts on Feb 1st
From February 1st, the new Defender will kick off a tour of Land Rover dealers across the country, giving prospective Irish buyers their first chance to see the new car up close and personal.
According to a Land Rover spokesperson: "Land Rover has defined all-terrain capability and toughness from the conception of its very first 4x4. The Series and Defender models before it, have gone above and beyond for decades, securing iconic status for their ability to help people make more of their world. The new Defender takes these much loved characteristics and reimagines them for the 21st century."
Six trims, two body styles (with more on the way)
The range will encompass six different trim levels; Defender, S, SE, HSE, Defender X and First Edition, and these will be available across two body styles - a three-door, short wheelbase, 90 and a five-door, long-wheelbase, 110. Later a commercial van version, a pickup, and a longer-wheelbase 130 version will join the range.
Diesel, petrol, and mild-hybrid
The engine lineup will, initially, be a mix of petrol and diesel, with one petrol mild-hybrid. That'll be the P400e version, which will use the same 3.0-litre inline-six cylinder turbo engine, with 48-volt mild-hybrid, as launched in the Range Rover last year.
There will, initially, be two diesel options - D200 four-cylinder with 200hp, and D240 with 240hp, and a four-cylinder turbo petrol P300 with, you've guessed it, 300hp. Eventually a plug-in hybrid model will be available too. CO2 emissions, under WLTP conditions, range from 230g/km to 277g/km.
We'll get you more details on this hugely anticipated new car as and when we get them.
More on this: 86 stories
- Land Rover Deploys Fleet of New Defenders for COVID-19 Response
- Jaguar/Land Rover Donate Redirect Hundreds of Vehicles From Press Fleet To Red Cross
- Land Rover Defender launch in U.S. could be delayed
- Fleet of new Defenders made available to Red Cross
- Coronavirus: Jaguar Land Rover lends 160 cars to Red Cross, NHS
- JLR Deploys Army Of Cars Worldwide To Fight Pandemic
- Land Rover puts Defender to work for emergency services
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck