Land Rover Defender Irish prices announced
Land Rover Ireland has confirmed that the new Defender will start from €68,160 when it arrives in Irish dealers later this year. That's for a 110 2.0 SD4 AWD Auto model, which suggests that won't be the cheapest price once the full range arrives - we'd assume that a short-wheelbase TD4 model would be more affordable than that.
National dealership tour starts on Feb 1st
From February 1st, the new Defender will kick off a tour of Land Rover dealers across the country, giving prospective Irish buyers their first chance to see the new car up close and personal.
According to a Land Rover spokesperson: "Land Rover has defined all-terrain capability and toughness from the conception of its very first 4x4. The Series and Defender models before it, have gone above and beyond for decades, securing iconic status for their ability to help people make more of their world. The new Defender takes these much loved characteristics and reimagines them for the 21st century."
Six trims, two body styles (with more on the way)
The range will encompass six different trim levels; Defender, S, SE, HSE, Defender X and First Edition, and these will be available across two body styles - a three-door, short wheelbase, 90 and a five-door, long-wheelbase, 110. Later a commercial van version, a pickup, and a longer-wheelbase 130 version will join the range.
Diesel, petrol, and mild-hybrid
The engine lineup will, initially, be a mix of petrol and diesel, with one petrol mild-hybrid. That'll be the P400e version, which will use the same 3.0-litre inline-six cylinder turbo engine, with 48-volt mild-hybrid, as launched in the Range Rover last year.
There will, initially, be two diesel options - D200 four-cylinder with 200hp, and D240 with 240hp, and a four-cylinder turbo petrol P300 with, you've guessed it, 300hp. Eventually a plug-in hybrid model will be available too. CO2 emissions, under WLTP conditions, range from 230g/km to 277g/km.
We'll get you more details on this hugely anticipated new car as and when we get them.
More on this: 48 stories
- New Land Rover Defender trashed
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- Land Rover Defender thrashes about in new Bond-themed commercial
- Watch Land Rover Defender pull off stunt in 'No Time To Die'
- Watch New Land Rover Defender Perform Crazy Stunts In 'No Time To Die'
- 2022 Land Rover Range Rover Sport spy shots
- This 'Baby' Land Rover Defender SUV Looks Absolutely Perfect
- Land Rover Defender 90 Price, Specs, Photos & Review
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests