This 'Baby' Land Rover Defender SUV Looks Absolutely Perfect
Late last year, a report surfaced that Land Rover is planning a Defender-inspired baby off-roader and while we don’t have confirmation as to whether such a model is indeed in the works, designer Dejan Hristov has decided to imagine what a baby Defender could look like.
In creating the pint-sized off-roader, Hristov decided the vehicle should adopt a boxy design dominated by straight lines and flat-surfaces to mimic some of the finest Land Rover models produced over the decades.
Looking at the front, the off-roader is immediately identifiable as a Land Rover thanks to its front grille and, of course, a large Defender badge. The lights are particularly interesting as they are simply thin LED strips neatly incorporated into the front fascia. Certain baby Defender models rendered also include additional LED driving lights on either side of the grille.
Elsewhere, the off-roader includes a flat-roof and squared wing mirrors and has been rendered in both two- and four-door guises. We’re particularly fond of the two-door as its tiny, Suzuki Jimny-esque wheelbase would aid in its off-road ability.
Other key design traits of the baby Land Rover include LED taillights, a large spare wheel cover on the tailgate, steel side steps, and a large sunroof.
It is claimed the junior Land Rover Defender could use a new platform dubbed the Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) by Tata and based around the D8 steel platform of the original Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport.
The Land Rover in question is rumored (but yet to be confirmed by any official sources) to launch as early as 2021, so if reports prove to be accurate, we could be seeing it before the end of this year.
More on this: 48 stories
- New Land Rover Defender trashed
- New Land Rover Defender is licensed to thrill
- Land Rover Defender thrashes about in new Bond-themed commercial
- Watch Land Rover Defender pull off stunt in 'No Time To Die'
- Watch New Land Rover Defender Perform Crazy Stunts In 'No Time To Die'
- 2022 Land Rover Range Rover Sport spy shots
- Land Rover Defender 90 Price, Specs, Photos & Review
- Land Rover Defender Irish prices announced
- East Coast Defender's resto-modded Range Rover with Cadillac power
- Classic Range Rover Wants To Be A Modern SUV With Cadillac Escalade V8 Power, Air Suspension
- Land Rover watch timed for launch of new Defender
- Arkonik Turns 90's Land Rover Defender Into Impossibly Cool Beach Buggy
- Land Rover Defender claims world-first dual eSIM connectivity
- Could this 1997 Land Rover Defender really sell for $250,000 at auction?
- Land Rover Defender: Land Rover showcases Defender SUV's dual eSIM connectivity at CES 2020, Auto News, ET Auto
- Defender shows off new JLR infotainment
- Land Rover Defender showcases connectivity tech at CES
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Tackles CES With Dual LTE Modems And Over-The-Air Updates
- Jaguar Land Rover debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment at CES 2020
- 2020 Land Rover Defender to stay connected anywhere
- Qualcomm Seems Poised for More Jaguar Land Rover Business
- Himalaya Thinks Its LS3-Powered Land Rover Defender 110 Pickup Is Worth $250k
- How did Autocar's 2019 predictions fare?
- Land Rover Defender Project Blackcomb Is Both Elegant And Tough
- Land Rover's Mike Cross Puts The New Defender Through High-Speed Tests