This 'Baby' Land Rover Defender SUV Looks Absolutely Perfect
Late last year, a report surfaced that Land Rover is planning a Defender-inspired baby off-roader and while we don’t have confirmation as to whether such a model is indeed in the works, designer Dejan Hristov has decided to imagine what a baby Defender could look like.
In creating the pint-sized off-roader, Hristov decided the vehicle should adopt a boxy design dominated by straight lines and flat-surfaces to mimic some of the finest Land Rover models produced over the decades.
Looking at the front, the off-roader is immediately identifiable as a Land Rover thanks to its front grille and, of course, a large Defender badge. The lights are particularly interesting as they are simply thin LED strips neatly incorporated into the front fascia. Certain baby Defender models rendered also include additional LED driving lights on either side of the grille.
Elsewhere, the off-roader includes a flat-roof and squared wing mirrors and has been rendered in both two- and four-door guises. We’re particularly fond of the two-door as its tiny, Suzuki Jimny-esque wheelbase would aid in its off-road ability.
Other key design traits of the baby Land Rover include LED taillights, a large spare wheel cover on the tailgate, steel side steps, and a large sunroof.
It is claimed the junior Land Rover Defender could use a new platform dubbed the Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) by Tata and based around the D8 steel platform of the original Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Discovery Sport.
The Land Rover in question is rumored (but yet to be confirmed by any official sources) to launch as early as 2021, so if reports prove to be accurate, we could be seeing it before the end of this year.
More on this: 86 stories
- Land Rover Deploys Fleet of New Defenders for COVID-19 Response
- Jaguar/Land Rover Donate Redirect Hundreds of Vehicles From Press Fleet To Red Cross
- Land Rover Defender launch in U.S. could be delayed
- Fleet of new Defenders made available to Red Cross
- Coronavirus: Jaguar Land Rover lends 160 cars to Red Cross, NHS
- JLR Deploys Army Of Cars Worldwide To Fight Pandemic
- Land Rover puts Defender to work for emergency services
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck