Watch Land Rover Defender pull off stunt in 'No Time To Die'
Land Rover has released a television commercial showing its new Defender pulling off an extreme jump stunt in the upcoming No Time To Die movie.
Billed as “rehearsal footage”, the advert shows the new Defender launching into the air and being driven at high speed through swamps and rivers.
The chase sequence in the new James Bond film was led by stunt coordinator Lee Morrison, working alongside Chris Corbould, an Oscar winner and special effects, action vehicles supervisor. Jessica Hawkins (“handpicked from the Formula 3 W Series”) was at the wheel.
“We pushed the Defender further than we believed possible to generate the maximum excitement, and to give fans an insight into the uncompromising challenge of producing an incredible chase sequence which you can look forward to seeing in No Time To Die,” said Morrison.
Land Rover claimed “no modifications” were made to the body structure, except for the “installation of a roll cage”.
Interestingly, the Defender vehicles used in No Time To Die were the first units off the production line in Slovakia, based on the Defender 110 X model in Santorini Black, with darkened skid pans, 20-inch wheels and off-road tyres.
Land Rover says alongside the ten Defenders, the No Time To Die movie also features the Range Rover Sport SVR, the Series III Land Rover and the Range Rover Classic.
Watch the one-minute video above…
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models