New Land Rover Defender Priced From £40,260 In The UK, Deliveries Start In Spring
Land Rover has just announced pricing details for the all-new Defender in both 90 and 110 configurations for the UK market.
Prices for the three-door Defender 90 start at £40,260 ($52,317) locally while the five-door Defender 110 can be purchased from £45,240 ($58,789). British deliveries of the Defender 110 will commence in spring this year, with the first Defender 90 models to land in the hands of buyers this summer.
Land Rover does not reveal how many new-age Defender models it has sold so far but says more than 1.21 million people have configured their dream Defender on the Land Rover website since the off-roader’s premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019.
Of those to have configured a new Defender, more than half have opted for one of the four available Accessory Packs. These consist of the Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban packs and provide the off-roader with different features catering to different lifestyles. For example, the Urban Pack includes a front skid plate, bright rear scuff plate, metal pedals, and a spare wheel cover.
“We have experienced unprecedented demand for New Defender 110 and the official introduction of Defender 90 is sure to boost interest. As the family grows to include an efficient plug-in hybrid powertrain and commercial derivatives later this year, we look forward to continuing this success,” said Finbar McFall, Land Rover global product marketing director. Land Rover has announced that “practical commercial derivatives” of the Defender will hit the market from as little as £35,000 ($45,484) later this year.
In late 2019, it was confirmed that the first Defender 90 models coming to the United States will be special P400 First Edition variants priced from $65,100. U.S. pricing for lesser Defender 90 variants hasn’t been announced but the longer Defender 110 starts at $49,900 in the local market.
More on this: 79 stories
- Legacy Overland Restomods A 1990 Range Rover Classic With 430 HP LS3 V8
- Land Rover Deploys Fleet of New Defenders for COVID-19 Response
- Jaguar/Land Rover Donate Redirect Hundreds of Vehicles From Press Fleet To Red Cross
- Land Rover Defender launch in U.S. could be delayed
- Fleet of new Defenders made available to Red Cross
- Coronavirus: Jaguar Land Rover lends 160 cars to Red Cross, NHS
- JLR Deploys Army Of Cars Worldwide To Fight Pandemic
- Land Rover puts Defender to work for emergency services
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead