ECD's Project Punisher Is One Badass Custom Land Rover Defender
It’s going to be a while until the new generation Land Rover Defender ends up at East Coast Defender, but meanwhile, the tuner specialized in modifying the popular 4×4 continues doing what it does best.
Named the Project Punisher, their latest take on the Defender D110 presents itself with a darkened look on the outside, privacy side and rear glass, and exoskeleton that protects the upper parts of the body in case of an accidental belly reveal while riding on rough terrains.
Providing the necessary traction are the chunky off-road tires, wrapped around the custom wheels, in addition to the proper body-on frame chassis and long-travel suspension. The ground clearance appears to have been elevated and the custom Defender also features extra lights mounted on the roof and next to the tailgate, and a winch at the front for when it gets stuck.
The interior has welcomed a makeover with leather upholstery and sports seats that have custom embedding and part-diamond pattern. The 3-spoke steering wheel and aftermarket infotainment system from Kenwood, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, satellite navigation system, Wi-Fi hotspot and reversing camera, round up the offering.
This is not the first nor the last Defender to rock a Chevy LC9 V8 engine. The 5.3-liter unit pumps out 326 horsepower, enough to help the big 4×4 climb steep slopes, and comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The simplicity of the build, combined with the modern touch inside and the brilliant V8 under the hood make this Defender very hard to say no to.
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models