Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
The facelifted Land Rover Discovery Sport has finally touched down in South Africa, with the local line-up comprising ten derivatives at launch.
Offered in base and S trim levels, as well as sportier R-Dynamic variants in S, SE and HSE specification, the updated Discovery Sport starts at R749 500 (before CO2 tax).
D180 variants employ the firm’s 2,0 litre, four-cylinder turbodiesel engine, which offers 132 kW and facilitates a sprint from standstill to 100 km/h in a claimed 9,7 seconds before topping out at 202 km/h. This oil-burning powertrain consumes 5,8 L/100 km, says the firm.
There’s also a turbocharged 2,0-litre, four-cylinder petrol powerplant generating 184 kW and sipping at a claimed 8,0 L/100 km. Land Rover says these P250-badged derivatives can hit 100 km/h from standstill in 7,6 seconds before reaching a top speed of 225 km/h. All models feature automatic transmissions and all-wheel drive as standard.
Land Rover claims the Discovery Sport’s cabin has been “enhanced to optimise interior space”, provide better small-item stowage and deliver improved refinement, while fuel-tank capacity has been hiked to 65 litres.
Meanwhile, new seats across all three rows ostensibly serve up “improved comfort and versatility”, with the second row offering 40:20:40 split fold-and-slide functionality. The British firm has furthermore added the latest digital Touch Pro infotainment system to the cabin, along with “more premium materials throughout”.
The refreshed Discovery Sport is also available with the company’s so-called “ClearSight Rear View” mirror, as well as wireless smartphone charging. In addition, second- and third-row occupants benefit from individual heating and ventilation controls.
Pricing (excluding CO2 tax):
Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 AWD: R749 500
Land Rover Discovery Sport P250 AWD: R759 900
Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 S AWD: R795 500
Land Rover Discovery Sport P250 S AWD: R805 800
Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 AWD R-Dynamic S: R819 100
Land Rover Discovery Sport P250 AWD R-Dynamic S: R829 500
Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 AWD R-Dynamic SE: R855 300
Land Rover Discovery Sport P250 AWD R-Dynamic SE: R865 700
Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 AWD R-Dynamic HSE: R897 800
Land Rover Discovery Sport P250 AWD R-Dynamic HSE: R908 100
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models
- Now in SA! Land Rover's updated Discovery Sport is a big step up