Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
If proper off-roaders get your heart racing, then get ready to replace your computer/laptop/phone/tablet background with a new image. The vehicle is called the Land Rover Defender Project Viper and comes from East Coast Defender.
Building on the D110 pickup truck version, it promises enhanced off-road abilities after receiving numerous mods, including the front and rear steel bumpers, bulbar, exoskeleton on the upper body, steel side steps, front steel guard and additional lights mounted on the roof.
There are a few things strapped to its body that, alongside the winch, should come in handy if it ever gets stuck and those chunky tires wrapped around the black six-spoke wheels lose grip. The tuner that specializes in modifying Defenders has also equipped it with aftermarket suspension and Wildwood brakes with six-piston front and four-piston rear race calipers, vented and drilled rotors on all four corners, and stainless steel brake lines.
It definitely needs the uprated stopping power, as setting it in motion is a Chevrolet LS3 V8. In this instance, the mill, which is a common addition to most of the tuner’s special projects, produces 430 horsepower and comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The interior of the Project Viper has been dolled up with front sports seats wrapped in leather, three-spoke steering wheel from Momo, premium audio and modern infotainment system with backup camera.
We don’t know the price on a project like this, but contacting the company should answer all questions, if you have a generous budget at hand and want a special Defender of your own.
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models
- Now in SA! Land Rover's updated Discovery Sport is a big step up