2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
The Jaguar F-Pace is to get a facelift in 2020 and new spy shots show the fast SVR model testing on the Nurburgring racetrack. We don’t expect drastic styling changes, but mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains are both likely to be added to the new F-Pace range. The updated car should be launched later this year, before reaching showrooms in the early stages of 2021.
Most of the car in the spy shots is covered in camouflage but it’s unlikely that there will be major changes to the bodywork. Facelifted cars will be marked out by slimmer LED headlights similar to those on the facelifted Jaguar XE, a new grille and large air intakes. The side skirts have been redesigned, as has the rear bumper; this’ll feature a rejigged diffuser and exhaust pipe setup. The brake light clusters have had some attention, too.
It’s inside where the most noticeable changes will occur. The F-Pace is heavily based on the Jaguar XE, so it should inherit the interior of the already facelifted XE. That means Jaguar Land Rover’s Touch Pro Duo infotainment system will be fitted, including a 10.2-inch infotainment touchscreen, where the current car’s screen is, and a second screen at the base of the centre console to control the heating functions. A new steering wheel and redesigned trim pieces are also expected.
The facelifted model will also introduce a plug-in hybrid variant to the range. A 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine will be joined by a small battery and an electric motor, which should give around 30 miles of emissions-free driving and a claimed economy figure of over 100mpg. The powertrain will be used in the XE too and, as that car will compete with the BMW 330e hybrid, we expect the hybrid to produce around 250bhp. Zero to 62mph should take around 6.5 seconds in the F-Pace, and a bit less in the lighter XE.
Alongside the F-Pace hybrid will be a conventional engine range, consisting of one D180 diesel and two petrol engines badged P250 and P300. All are two-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engines, producing 178bhp, 247bhp and 296bhp respectively. The Land Rover Defender’s 395bhp P400 mild-hybrid engine might be fitted too, and it would certainly suit the F-Pace’s sporty demeanour - the Defender P400 hits 0-62mph in just 6.4 seconds. Four-wheel drive and an automatic gearbox will be standard across the range.
Instead of Prestige, Portfolio and R-Sport, the trim levels are likely to be changed to match the Jaguar E-Pace and Range Rover Evoque. You’ll choose between a standard model and a sportier-looking R-Dynamic model, and then pick from three equipment packs. We expect a huge range of optional extras to be available, just like on the newly revealed Land Rover Defender.
Jaguar F-Pace SVR
The refreshed Jaguar F-Pace SVR has been spotted testing again, and this time photographers got some close-up shots. The SVR will get four huge exhaust pipes and a much larger rear spoiler. There’ll be wider wheel arches with new vents behind the front wheels and lots of black exterior trim. It’ll sit lower than the standard F-Pace, with a tweaked suspension setup and adaptive dampers. We expect the SVR to continue to come with a beefy 5.0-litre V8, producing 542bhp and hitting 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds. The current car starts at just over £75,000.
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models
- Now in SA! Land Rover's updated Discovery Sport is a big step up