Anthony Joshua celebrates the Range Rover's 50th... on ice
Anthony Joshua has been helping celebrate the 50th birthday of the Range Rover. The World Heavyweight Champion boxer tackled some ice driving in Sweden.
Joshua has just taken delivery of his own customised Range Rover SVAutobiography.
Meanwhile, artist Simon Beck created a giant artwork in the Swedish snow. It reads ‘50 Years of Range Rover’.
Joshua experienced something few Range Rover owners do – driving very sideways. Don’t worry, Land Rover hasn’t added a Drift Mode. Rather, he’s been learning ice driving at Land Rover’s Arjeplog test facility in the Arctic Circle.
He did so under the careful instruction of Jaguar Land Rover’s Ice Academy driving experts. Four high-spec Special Vehicles models were used: a Range Rover Sport SVR, Velar SVAutobiography, Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic and a ‘standard’ Range Rover SVAutobiography.
We hope Joshua and the instructors didn’t slide their way through Beck’s artwork. The special anniversary logo and script required no less than 45,000 steps across the snow.
Land Rover says full celebrations of the model begin in June, on the anniversary of the introduction of the two-door Range Rover in 1970.
June is also when Anthony Joshua will be riding in his SVA, on the way to fighting Kubrat Pulev in London.
“Over five decades the Range Rover has evolved into the most desirable luxury SUV in the world,” said Gerry McGovern OBE, chief creative officer at Land Rover.
“Its peerless combination of sophisticated design, refinement and capability has struck an emotional chord with customers all over the globe.”
More on this: 80 stories
- Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
- The jury is out! This is what the world's motoring media think of the new Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover gives press fleet of new Defenders to Red Cross
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Land Rover to kill off (Ford-sourced) V8 turbodiesel engine?
- Land Rover's mild-hybrid tech spells end for V8 diesel Range Rover
- Polestar 2 production, Jaguar Land Rover EVs, VW Microbus conversion: Today's Car News
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- Report: J-Pace, Road Rover to Join Electric Jaguar XJ; XF and XE in Limbo
- Jaguar Land Rover to reportedly follow electric XJ with electric J-Pace, Road Rover
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Splashing Into U.S. Soon
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again
- New Land Rover Defender prices: how do its SA rivals compare in costs?
- Keep Your Gladiators And Sign Us Up For This Awesome Land Rover Defender LS3 V8 Instead
- Watch Pair Of 2020 Land Rover Defenders Rescue Stuck 20-Tonne Semi Truck
- Land Rover South Africa confirms pricing for new Defender range
- DRIVEN: Land Rover Discovery Sport D180 R-Dynamic HSE
- New Land Rover Defender: prices for South Africa revealed!
- Land Rover Discovery (2020) review
- More Rumors On A Baby Land Rover Defender 80 As A Ford Bronco Sport Rival
- Pricing! Refreshed Land Rover Discovery Sport touches down in SA
- Land Rover Defender reportedly will spawn smaller, bigger models
- Now in SA! Land Rover's updated Discovery Sport is a big step up