Land Rover Defender, automakers help fight COVID-19 and more: Roadshow's week in review
The news cycle continues to be dominated by the global COVID-19 pandemic, and as we've reported this week, the automotive industry is doing its fair share to help out in multiple ways. Despite many major plant shutdowns, manufacturers and their lenders are offering financial assistance or relief. Some automakers are even procuring or producing personal protective equipment for medical professionals or partnering with other companies to replenish the desperately needed supply of ventilators.
Here's a recap of our most important stories from March 22 to 28.
2020 Land Rover Defender
Reviews Editor Emme Hall went on the trip of a lifetime to test out one of the most hotly awaited SUVs set to hit the market. The 2020 Land Rover Defender was put through its paces in Africa and looks to be a top performer for off-road enthusiasts.
2020 Audi S6
Managing Editor Steven Ewing doesn't find much fault with Audi's new S6 sedan. It's hotter than an A6, but not as sharp or powerful as the RS6 Avant, and that puts it in sort of a sweet spot in the lineup. This is a car we could totally drive everyday.
2020 Subaru Outback
Now that we've had a chance to sample the new Subaru Outback, we decided to welcome this lovable wagon into the Roadshow long-term fleet. We'll have this Onyx Edition XT model for the next 12 months, so come meet our latest long-termer in this week's intro story.
We put the Land Rover Defender through its paces
You've read Emme Hall's take on the new Land Rover Defender, but our Carfection team also had a chance to sample the new SUV in Africa. Come along with Henry Catchpole as he discusses the ins and outs of this very important new sport-ute.
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 review
Reviews Editor Antuan Goodwin talks in depth about Mercedes-Benz's refresh for the GLC. The GLC300 sees improvements in style, performance and gets an infotainment system upgrade. Antuan further explains how he thinks the GLC's design will hold up in the video above.
Electric trucks are coming
Our editor-at-large, Brian Cooley, talks about what he thinks will make all of the upcoming electric pickups extremely popular, including that instant torque delivery EV fans have come to know and love.
More From Roadshow
More on this: 60 stories
- SPY PICS: Flagship Land Rover Defender V8 spotted
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery: prototype of facelifted SUV spotted
- Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plots expansion after bumper year
- Defender heroes: the people behind Land Rover's definitive 4x4
- 1986 Land Rover Defender 110 Transformed By Osprey Custom Cars
- 1993 Land Rover Defender Project Alpine Yeti Has A Cummins Diesel And A Dodge 8sp Automatic
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- V-8-powered Land Rover Defender in the works
- Land Rover Defender 110 V8 prototype indicates possible production run
- Land Rover Defender with booming V8 coming to rattle the Mercedes-AMG G63- reports
- Exclusive: Land Rover V8 Defender revealed in spy shots
- A V8 Land Rover Defender is reportedly on the way
- Land Rover Defender from James Bond movie Spectre for sale
- Here's Your Chance To Snatch A Defender From James Bond's Spectre Movie
- ECD's New Land Rover Defender Project Will Feature A Tesla Electric Drivetrain
- JLR Won't Let Pandemic Delay Development Of All-New Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover readies 2021 Range Rover amid lockdown delays
- Can You Think Of A Better Way To Do Soccer Rounds Than A 9-Seater Land Rover Defender D110 LS3 V8?
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Defender spied testing with V8
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range