Fleet of new Defenders made available to Red Cross
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has made a fleet of vehicles available to the British Red Cross during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The 57 vehicles will be used to deliver medicine and food to vulnerable people across the UK.
They include 27 new Defenders, which were previously set aside for use in a marketing campaign which has been put on hold due to the virus.
The scheme is part of a global effort which has seen more than 160 JLR vehicles deployed around the world.
Some 65 vehicles are supporting the Red Cross in Australia, Spain, South Africa and France.
JLR customer experience director Finbar McFall said: “The health and safety of our employees, customers and their families remains our priority.
“Jaguar and Land Rover will do everything we can to support people in need around the world.
“Our partnership with the Red Cross goes back 65 years and we will work hand in hand with them to do all we can during this global health emergency.
“We will also provide help to those closer to home in our local communities. We can all play a part in helping the vulnerable during this global pandemic.”
British Red Cross head of crisis response Simon Lewis said: “We have been overwhelmed by the kindness shown across the country, not only by our increasing number of volunteers, but also our longstanding partners.
“Thanks to Land Rover’s generous support, our emergency response teams in the UK will be to reach even more people living in isolated communities than we could alone.”
More on this: 60 stories
- SPY PICS: Flagship Land Rover Defender V8 spotted
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery: prototype of facelifted SUV spotted
- Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plots expansion after bumper year
- Defender heroes: the people behind Land Rover's definitive 4x4
- 1986 Land Rover Defender 110 Transformed By Osprey Custom Cars
- 1993 Land Rover Defender Project Alpine Yeti Has A Cummins Diesel And A Dodge 8sp Automatic
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- V-8-powered Land Rover Defender in the works
- Land Rover Defender 110 V8 prototype indicates possible production run
- Land Rover Defender with booming V8 coming to rattle the Mercedes-AMG G63- reports
- Exclusive: Land Rover V8 Defender revealed in spy shots
- A V8 Land Rover Defender is reportedly on the way
- Land Rover Defender from James Bond movie Spectre for sale
- Here's Your Chance To Snatch A Defender From James Bond's Spectre Movie
- ECD's New Land Rover Defender Project Will Feature A Tesla Electric Drivetrain
- JLR Won't Let Pandemic Delay Development Of All-New Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover readies 2021 Range Rover amid lockdown delays
- Can You Think Of A Better Way To Do Soccer Rounds Than A 9-Seater Land Rover Defender D110 LS3 V8?
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Defender spied testing with V8
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range