Kim McCullough, Jaguar Land Rover's VP of marketing, steps down
Kim McCullough, Jaguar Land Rover's vice president of marketing for North America, left the company this week, ending a long run with the luxury importer.
For now, Joe Eberhardt, JLR's North American CEO, will assume McCullough's duties, said spokesman Stuart Schorr. McCullough, 59, took over as vice president of marketing in 2014 after serving as brand vice president of Land Rover during some of Land Rover's highest growth years.
Her departure ended her second stint at the company. From 1997-2001, when Land Rover was owned by BMW and then sold to Ford in March of 2000, McCullough worked in marketing for the brand. She then held numerous senior marketing jobs at Toyota, Nissan and Lexus. She returned to Land Rover in 2011.
Her departure comes at a crucial time for Jaguar Land Rover as it grapples with the coronavirus pandemic. The company is on the cusp of one of the most important launches in its history. The new generation Land Rover Defender is scheduled to arrive at dealerships in a matter of weeks. Even though the Defender plant in Slovakia has been closed since March 20 due to the pandemic, JLR officials say the Defender will launch on time in the U.S. in late spring.
It's unclear when McCullough's successor will be appointed. Jaguar Land Rover, in a statement, said: "For an interim period, President and CEO Joe Eberhardt will assume the Marketing leadership role. We thank Kim for her many years of service in support of our two brands and wish her the best for the future."
McCullough, who owns a classic 1950s Land Rover Series (the precursor to the Defender), is a classic car enthusiast along with her husband. McCullough regularly displays her classic vehicles at car shows and will continue to do that, JLR said.
More on this: 60 stories
- SPY PICS: Flagship Land Rover Defender V8 spotted
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery spy shots
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery: prototype of facelifted SUV spotted
- Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plots expansion after bumper year
- Defender heroes: the people behind Land Rover's definitive 4x4
- 1986 Land Rover Defender 110 Transformed By Osprey Custom Cars
- 1993 Land Rover Defender Project Alpine Yeti Has A Cummins Diesel And A Dodge 8sp Automatic
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- V-8-powered Land Rover Defender in the works
- Land Rover Defender 110 V8 prototype indicates possible production run
- Land Rover Defender with booming V8 coming to rattle the Mercedes-AMG G63- reports
- Exclusive: Land Rover V8 Defender revealed in spy shots
- A V8 Land Rover Defender is reportedly on the way
- Land Rover Defender from James Bond movie Spectre for sale
- Here's Your Chance To Snatch A Defender From James Bond's Spectre Movie
- ECD's New Land Rover Defender Project Will Feature A Tesla Electric Drivetrain
- JLR Won't Let Pandemic Delay Development Of All-New Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover readies 2021 Range Rover amid lockdown delays
- Can You Think Of A Better Way To Do Soccer Rounds Than A 9-Seater Land Rover Defender D110 LS3 V8?
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Defender spied testing with V8
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range