2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque plug-in hybrids debut
Land Rover has unveiled the 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque plug-in hybrid SUVs, which are powered by a new 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine and an electric motor.
The new plug-in hybrid system mates a 1.5-liter three-cylinder engine with 197 horsepower to a 107-hp electric motor and a 15 kWh battery. The three-cylinder engine powers the front wheels, while the electric motor takes over for the rear axle. The powertrain generates a combined 304 horsepower and 398 lb-ft. of torque and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
With that much power on tap, the Range Rover Evoque P300e can reach 0-62 mph in 6.4 seconds. The Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e takes 6.6 seconds to reach 62 mph. The Evoque P300e can travel up to 41 miles in electric mode, while the Discovery Sport P300e has an electric range up to 38 miles.
Both the Discovery Sport and Evoque plug-in hybrids can be recharged up to 80 percent in 30 minutes using 32kW DC public charging. The PHEV models come standard with a Mode 2 Home Charging Cable, which fully charges the vehicle from a plug socket in 6 hours and 42 mins. The Mode 3 Charging Cable enables customers to plug-in to a 7kW AC domestic wall box or AC public charge points to charge the plug-in hybrids up to 80 percent in 1 hour and 24 mins.
There are three different driving modes. The default Hybrid mode automatically combines the power from the electric motor and the three-cylinder engine. EV mode enables the SUVs to run solely on electric power, while Save mode puts the gas engine in charge to save the battery level for later.
Land Rover is taking orders for both the Discovery Sport P300e and the Range Rover Evoque P300e in Europe, but it hasn’t announced if they will be available in the US.
More on this: 7 stories
- Land Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport Get Plug-In Hybrid Powertrains
- Land Rover launches plug-in Evoque and Discovery Sport
- Plug-in hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched
- Land Rover debuts PHEV three-pot in Discovery Sport and Evoque
- Range Rover Evoque P300e and Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e PHEVs debut
- Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque PHEVs launched
- Land Rover Debuts 1.5L 3-Cylinder Plug-in Hybrid Evoque And Discovery Sport