Land Rover debuts PHEV three-pot in Discovery Sport and Evoque
Land Rover has debuted a new 1,5-litre, three-cylinder plug-in hybrid powertrain in its Discovery Sport and Evoque.
Jaguar Land Rover South Africa says the new variants – which will wear the P300e badge – are at this stage “unconfirmed” for a local introduction, although adds “more information will follow in due course”.
The 147 kW three-pot combines with an 80 kW electric motor (mounted on the rear axle) to provide what the firm describes as “sustainable, efficient all-electric performance for shorter trips” plus “traditional power or combined petrol and electric drive for optimum efficiency on longer journeys”.
Total system outputs are 227 kW and 540 N.m, while an eight-speed automatic transmission ships standard. Land Rover says the Evoque P300e boasts a CO2 emissions figure as low as 32 g/km and an all-electric range of 66 km (plus a 0-100 km/h time of 6,4 seconds), while the Discovery Sport P300e manages 36 g/km and 62 km (with a claimed sprint time of 6,6 seconds).
When driving, energy generated by the engine during acceleration or by braking is used to charge the battery. When plug-in charging is required, the 15 kWh pack can be powered up from empty to 80 percent in a claimed 30 minutes using a public rapid charger.
This same charge takes “between one hour and 24 minutes, and six hours 42 minutes” at home, depending on whether the car is plugged into a dedicated wallbox or a normal domestic socket.
See Full Land Rover Range Rover Evoque price and specs here
See Full Land Rover Discovery Sport price and specs here
More on this: 31 stories
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Fuel for thought: How the big, full-size SUVs stack up for gas mileage
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- Nearly new buying guide: Land Rover Discovery 5
- Land Rover plug-in hybrids, Kia's Plan S EV, rear-wheel-drive Porsche Taycan: Today's Car News
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport Get Plug-In Hybrid Powertrains
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range
- Land Rover launches plug-in Evoque and Discovery Sport
- Plug-in hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched
- Range Rover Evoque P300e and Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e PHEVs debut
- New Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e 2021 detailed: Audi Q5 rival goes plug-in hybrid
- New Range Rover Evoque P300e 2021 detailed: BMW X5 rival adds plug-in hybrid
- Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque PHEVs launched
- Land Rover launches Discovery Sport and Evoque plug-in hybrids
- Land Rover Debuts 1.5L 3-Cylinder Plug-in Hybrid Evoque And Discovery Sport
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque plug-in hybrids debut
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Review
- Legacy Overland Restomods A 1990 Range Rover Classic With 430 HP LS3 V8
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again