New Range Rover Evoque P300e 2021 detailed: BMW X5 rival adds plug-in hybrid
Range Rover has debuted a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) variant of its Evoque mid-size SUV, and it is scheduled to go on sale in Australia in the second quarter of next year.
Dubbed P300e, the powertrain option pairs Range Rover’s new 147kW 1.5-litre turbo-petrol three-cylinder engine with an 80kW synchronous permanent magnet electric motor integrated into the rear axle, for combined outputs of 227kW of power and 540Nm of torque.
Fuel consumption on the WLTP combined cycle test is 1.4 litres per 100 kilometres, while claimed carbon dioxide emissions are 32 grams per kilometre.
Critically, electric-only driving range is 66km due to the P300e’s 15kWh lithium-ion battery, which is positioned below its rear seats and can be topped up from zero to 80 per cent in as little as 30 minutes when using a 32kW DC fast charger.
Three drive modes are on hand, with Hybrid making use of petrol and electric power, while EV uses electric power exclusively, and Save uses petrol power for the most part to keep the battery’s state of charge at a selected level.
While the P300e might be environmentally conscious, it doesn’t go without a performance edge, with the zero-to-100km/h dash finished in a hot-hatch-esque 6.4 seconds. Electric-only top speed is 135km/h.
Unlike other Evoque versions, the P300e is mated to a new eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission, meaning it has one less ratio to shuffle between. However, the BMW X3 rival does have all-wheel drive.
More on this: 31 stories
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Fuel for thought: How the big, full-size SUVs stack up for gas mileage
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- Nearly new buying guide: Land Rover Discovery 5
- Land Rover plug-in hybrids, Kia's Plan S EV, rear-wheel-drive Porsche Taycan: Today's Car News
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport Get Plug-In Hybrid Powertrains
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range
- Land Rover launches plug-in Evoque and Discovery Sport
- Plug-in hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched
- Land Rover debuts PHEV three-pot in Discovery Sport and Evoque
- Range Rover Evoque P300e and Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e PHEVs debut
- New Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e 2021 detailed: Audi Q5 rival goes plug-in hybrid
- Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque PHEVs launched
- Land Rover launches Discovery Sport and Evoque plug-in hybrids
- Land Rover Debuts 1.5L 3-Cylinder Plug-in Hybrid Evoque And Discovery Sport
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque plug-in hybrids debut
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Review
- Legacy Overland Restomods A 1990 Range Rover Classic With 430 HP LS3 V8
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again