Land Rover plug-in hybrids, Kia's Plan S EV, rear-wheel-drive Porsche Taycan: Today's Car News
Kia peeks at the next wave of electric cars from the brand. Land Rover downsizes engines and upsizes batteries. And Porsche says yes to a rear-wheel drive version of its Taycan. This and more, here at Green Car Reports.
Porsche has reportedly confirmed—through its R&D boss—that it is planning a rear-wheel-drive version of the Porsche Taycan. Although it might not be the range king of the lineup, it could offer a different kind of driving experience.
Land Rover has expanded its plug-in hybrid lineup with new versions of its Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque, boasting more electric range and a smaller, 3-cylinder engine. They’re not U.S.-bound, though.
Kia has provided a little more guidance about what its Plan S electrification commitment, announced earlier in the year, means for the U.S. Most notably, it includes an electric vehicle built on the company’s all-new dedicated EV platform, arriving here by the end of next year.
Over at our partner site Motor Authority: Can we marvel for a moment that with its recent performance boost to a claimed 2.3 seconds to 60 mph, the Tesla Model S Performance is as quick as a gas-swilling Dodge Demon?And at The Car Connection: Here are the Greenest Cars of 2020.
More on this: 31 stories
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Fuel for thought: How the big, full-size SUVs stack up for gas mileage
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- Nearly new buying guide: Land Rover Discovery 5
- Land Rover plug-in hybrid lineup expands with downsized engine, bigger battery
- Land Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport Get Plug-In Hybrid Powertrains
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range
- Land Rover launches plug-in Evoque and Discovery Sport
- Plug-in hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched
- Land Rover debuts PHEV three-pot in Discovery Sport and Evoque
- Range Rover Evoque P300e and Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e PHEVs debut
- New Land Rover Discovery Sport P300e 2021 detailed: Audi Q5 rival goes plug-in hybrid
- New Range Rover Evoque P300e 2021 detailed: BMW X5 rival adds plug-in hybrid
- Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque PHEVs launched
- Land Rover launches Discovery Sport and Evoque plug-in hybrids
- Land Rover Debuts 1.5L 3-Cylinder Plug-in Hybrid Evoque And Discovery Sport
- 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque plug-in hybrids debut
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Review
- Legacy Overland Restomods A 1990 Range Rover Classic With 430 HP LS3 V8
- Land Rover Tipped To Kill Range Rover's V8 Diesel
- Land Rover will replace V8 diesel with smaller hybridized straight-six
- Report: Jaguar J-Pace and Land Rover "Road Rover" electric SUVs in the works
- This Is How JLR Celebrates 50 Years Of Range Rovers, In Style!
- 2020 Jaguar F-Pace facelift spotted again