Here's Your Chance To Snatch A Defender From James Bond's Spectre Movie
Spectre, the 24th film in the famed James Bond series, premiered in 2015 and while the Aston Martin DB10 was certainly the vehicular highlight, Eon Productions also commissioned 10 bespoke Land Rover 110 Defender models to serve as the getaway cars. These weren’t just any regular Defender models, however.
Bowler Motorsport was responsible for extensively modifying each example, outfitting them with 37-inch tires, a heavy-duty roll cage, strengthened chassis, and a hydraulic hand brake. A host of exterior parts really make the Defender stand out, including a winch, a large roof rack, a snorkel, LED spotlights and a rope draped over the hood.
Two variants of Bowler’s Defender 110 SVX ‘Spectre’ were built for the film, the first dedicated to high-speed getaway scenes and the others used during snow scenes. This example is the latter snow-spec one and is one of just seven to have survived filming.
“This is a very special opportunity for someone to own a piece of Bond film history. The rarity of these means they don’t come to market that often,” Silverstone Auctions managing director Nick Whale said.
This isn’t the first time one of the Spectre Defenders has gone to auction. In 2018, one of the seven other remaining examples sold for £365,500 (US$455,169).
A number of other vehicles will be auctioned off on May 23. These include a rare 1994 Aston Martin Virage Widebody Volante, a 2003 Aston Martin DB7 with a manual ‘box, a low-mileage Ferrari 360 Modena, and a 1971 Porsche 911 2.7 RS Recreation.
More on this: 64 stories
- Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plots expansion after bumper year
- Defender heroes: the people behind Land Rover's definitive 4x4
- 1986 Land Rover Defender 110 Transformed By Osprey Custom Cars
- 1993 Land Rover Defender Project Alpine Yeti Has A Cummins Diesel And A Dodge 8sp Automatic
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- V-8-powered Land Rover Defender in the works
- Land Rover Defender 110 V8 prototype indicates possible production run
- Land Rover Defender with booming V8 coming to rattle the Mercedes-AMG G63- reports
- Exclusive: Land Rover V8 Defender revealed in spy shots
- A V8 Land Rover Defender is reportedly on the way
- Land Rover Defender from James Bond movie Spectre for sale
- ECD's New Land Rover Defender Project Will Feature A Tesla Electric Drivetrain
- Nearly new buying guide: Land Rover Discovery 5
- JLR Won't Let Pandemic Delay Development Of All-New Range Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover readies 2021 Range Rover amid lockdown delays
- Can You Think Of A Better Way To Do Soccer Rounds Than A 9-Seater Land Rover Defender D110 LS3 V8?
- Land Rover Defender spied testing with V8
- Jaguar Land Rover expands plug-in hybrid SUV range
- Plug-in hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Review
- Jaguar Land Rover marketing VP McCullough exits
- Kim McCullough, Jaguar Land Rover's VP of marketing, steps down
- Land Rover Defender: old vs new comparison