Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plots expansion after bumper year
They were buoyed by continuing strong demand for the five-year old Range Rover Sport SVR, with important new contributions from the SVO division's two most recent models, the Jaguar F-Pace SVR and the Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic, both launched last year.
The company also reports a 20% hike in bespoke commissions and – pandemic permitting – expects further expansion.
Most of SVO’s offerings are currently SUV-based now that the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 and F-Type SVR have run their course, but managing director Michael van der Sande insists the company has its eye on further expansion and that “there will be future saloons and sports cars” in the SVR range.
Van der Sande says the arrival of the F-Pace and Velar models have successfully taken SVO into a new sub-£100,000 category but there are no plans currently to move lower, perhaps into Range Rover Evoque territory. “But I wouldn’t rule it out,” he adds.As well as offering the widest SVR range yet, van der Sande attributes his division’s success to a rapid increase in the number of SVR centres around the world. At present there are 100, but he expects that number to grow to around 200 “over the next couple of years”.
More on this: 18 stories
- New 2022 Range Rover set to rival Bentley Bentayga
- Incredible 1992 Range Rover Two-Door Restomod Literally Has Jamiroquai Funk
- Nearly-new buying guide: Range Rover Evoque
- Special Edition Marks Range Rover's 50th Anniversary
- Looking Back at 50 Years of Range Rover With the World's Most Obsessive Collection
- Camper vans hit the road, 2021 BMW M5 drops, Lucid Air set to launch: What's New @ The Car Connection
- New Range Rover Fifty 2021 detailed: Special edition marks 50th anniversary of luxury off-roader
- 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Fifty celebrates a half-century of luxe
- Range Rover gets 50th-anniversary edition
- 2021 Land Rover Discovery: prototype of facelifted SUV spotted
- NZ SVR sales outpace the rest of the world
- Jaguar Land Rover's SVO plans high-performance EVs
- CarNut checks out the Range Rover Evoque
- JLR's Special Vehicle Operations division reports 64% sales increase
- 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR Review
- Review: The 2020 Range Rover is the pinnacle of luxury off-roading
- Get An Up-Close Look At The 2022 Range Rover Flagship Luxury SUV
- 50 years of Range Rover: Mk1 prototype meets latest generation