2020 Land Rover Defender Officially Arrives on US Shores
Land Rover’s long talked about new Defender is here. Defender will actually be a model line, as is Discovery and Range Rover. Three initial Defender models are the Defender 90, 110 and 130, which correspond with the size of the model. Our first Defenders are the 110 model and have a starting price of $50,925.
Despite having a well-known (in the overlanding community) name and, indeed, some legit off-roading specs, Land Rover wants you to know that the Defender has a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with over-the-air software updates as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
That said, Land Rover still claims this new Defender is the “most off-road capable Land Rover vehicle ever.” In all fairness, it does include all-wheel drive with a two-speed transfer box, a rear (not under-floor) mounted spare tire and a healthy amount of ground-clearance provided by the fully independent suspension. Its platform is all-new and all-aluminum—Land Rover named it D7x.
Land Rover plans to slowly ramp up supply as it’s feasible to do so safely, but now you know the process has started. It's ironic that the pandemic is slowing the Defender supply process down, because off-roading and overlanding are great ways to socially distance.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
This commenting section is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information on their web site.
More on this: 105 stories
- Jaguar Land Rover Pivotal: Jaguar Land Rover launches premium car subscription service Pivotal, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender diesel sold out
- Jaguar Land Rover doubles down on subscription service
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new vehicle subscription service
- Twisted's $250,000 Land Rover Defender LT1 V8 Restomod Coming To The U.S.
- JLR Launches 'Pivotal' Premium Car Subscription Service
- Jaguar Land Rover taps into car subscription services with Pivotal
- Jaguar Land Rover targets mobility market with car subscription scheme
- JLR launches Pivotal premium car subscription service
- Ineos Grenadier revealed as rugged off-roader for 2021
- Ineos reveals new 'no-nonsense' off-roader and takes aim at Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top ready to work
- New Ineos Grenadier Wants To Take Over From Where The Classic Defender Left Off
- Old-school Ineos Grenadier is British billionaire's brand new off-road SUV brand
- Report: Jaguar Land Rover working on hydrogen fuel-cell SUV
- Jaguar Land Rover to develop fuel cell-electric SUV
- 2020 Lincoln Corsair revisited, Porsche Taycan rear-drive dream, Nissan Ariya set for launch: What's New @ The Car Connection
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model arrives
- Hard Top name returns for commercial Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV: JLR reveals 2021 Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender Hard Top Is Fit For Commercial Use
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model detailed
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top van version revealed
- Not a bakkie: new Land Rover Defender 'Hard Top' workhorse revealed…
- Land Rover Defender range grows with new commercial model