Land Rover Defender Returns To U.S. Dealers After 23 Years
Deliveries for the new 2020 Land Rover Defender have started in the US market, marking the return of the off-road icon after 23 years of absence.
In addition to delivering the new Defender to its first US customers, Land Rover has also started supplying dealers with the first batch of new Defenders so people can go see it from up close. Prices for the new Defender 110 start from $50,925, including destination and handling fees. The shorter three-door 90 model will be added on a later date.
The new Land Rover Defender is based on the new all-aluminum D7x platform, which claims to be the stiffest structure ever offered by the company and three times more rigid than a traditional body-on-frame design.
The new Defender is also the first Land Rover to feature the Configurable Terrain Response system, enabling the driver to alter the vehicle’s settings depending on the driving conditions with more precision. The new off-road system is backed up by a fully-independent suspension, twin-speed transfer case, and permanent all-wheel drive.
Base P300 models of the 2020 Land Rover Defender are powered by a turbocharged 296 HP 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The Defender P400 will be the range-topping variant of the US range, at least until the V8 model arrives, featuring a mild-hybrid 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine with 395 HP. Both models are paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The new Defenders will also feature the company’s new Pivi Pro3 infotainment system, which runs through a 10-inch touchscreen display and features a redesigned interface, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and over-the-air updates.
Land Rover has also designed the new Defender to be extremely personalized and will offer four distinct Accessory Packs, as well as the widest range of individual accessories in the history of the company.
More on this: 105 stories
- Jaguar Land Rover Pivotal: Jaguar Land Rover launches premium car subscription service Pivotal, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender diesel sold out
- Jaguar Land Rover doubles down on subscription service
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new vehicle subscription service
- Twisted's $250,000 Land Rover Defender LT1 V8 Restomod Coming To The U.S.
- JLR Launches 'Pivotal' Premium Car Subscription Service
- Jaguar Land Rover taps into car subscription services with Pivotal
- Jaguar Land Rover targets mobility market with car subscription scheme
- JLR launches Pivotal premium car subscription service
- Ineos Grenadier revealed as rugged off-roader for 2021
- Ineos reveals new 'no-nonsense' off-roader and takes aim at Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top ready to work
- New Ineos Grenadier Wants To Take Over From Where The Classic Defender Left Off
- Old-school Ineos Grenadier is British billionaire's brand new off-road SUV brand
- Report: Jaguar Land Rover working on hydrogen fuel-cell SUV
- Jaguar Land Rover to develop fuel cell-electric SUV
- 2020 Lincoln Corsair revisited, Porsche Taycan rear-drive dream, Nissan Ariya set for launch: What's New @ The Car Connection
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model arrives
- Hard Top name returns for commercial Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV: JLR reveals 2021 Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender Hard Top Is Fit For Commercial Use
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model detailed
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top van version revealed
- Not a bakkie: new Land Rover Defender 'Hard Top' workhorse revealed…
- Land Rover Defender range grows with new commercial model