Off-Road Prepped 2020 Land Rover Defender's Got Our Attention
A number of tuners have already had their way with the new generation Land Rover Defender, including Kahn’s Chelsea Truck Company with their dedicated customization kit, but it’s nowhere as ready to venture off the beaten track as the one depicted in these illustrations.
That’s right, we said ‘illustrations’ because it doesn’t actually exist outside the digital realm. It was created by NewDefenderMods and shared on their Instagram page, where it tricked some into thinking that they’re looking at a real vehicle.
Save for some minor details, it looks might good with all the aftermarket parts digitally strapped to it. A 2-inch (50 mm) elevated ground clearance is part of the build, alongside the 20-inch wheels shod in Goodyear all-terrain tires, bull bar, winch, roof rack, recovery hooks, side brush bars, bush cables and a few other elements.
Nothing would complete this project better than a powerful engine, but you do not need any Photoshop skills for that, as Land Rover is currently working on the hottest version of the new generation Defender family yet: the Defender V8.
Set to venture into Mercedes-AMG G63 territory, it is expected in one or two years with JLR’s 5.0-liter supercharged V8 under the hood. The lump produces 567 HP (575 PS / 422 kW) in the Range Rover Sport SVR, enabling a 0 to 60 mph (0-96 km/h) sprint of just 4.3 seconds. Nonetheless, the engine could be de-tuned to produce around 500 HP in the Defender, and should be mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission sourced from ZF.
Note: These are independent illustrations created by, and copyrighted to, NewDefenderMods that are not endorsed by or related to Land Rover in any way
More on this: 105 stories
- Jaguar Land Rover Pivotal: Jaguar Land Rover launches premium car subscription service Pivotal, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender diesel sold out
- Jaguar Land Rover doubles down on subscription service
- Jaguar Land Rover launches new vehicle subscription service
- Twisted's $250,000 Land Rover Defender LT1 V8 Restomod Coming To The U.S.
- JLR Launches 'Pivotal' Premium Car Subscription Service
- Jaguar Land Rover taps into car subscription services with Pivotal
- Jaguar Land Rover targets mobility market with car subscription scheme
- JLR launches Pivotal premium car subscription service
- Ineos Grenadier revealed as rugged off-roader for 2021
- Ineos reveals new 'no-nonsense' off-roader and takes aim at Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top ready to work
- New Ineos Grenadier Wants To Take Over From Where The Classic Defender Left Off
- Old-school Ineos Grenadier is British billionaire's brand new off-road SUV brand
- Report: Jaguar Land Rover working on hydrogen fuel-cell SUV
- Jaguar Land Rover to develop fuel cell-electric SUV
- 2020 Lincoln Corsair revisited, Porsche Taycan rear-drive dream, Nissan Ariya set for launch: What's New @ The Car Connection
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model arrives
- Hard Top name returns for commercial Land Rover
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV: JLR reveals 2021 Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV, Auto News, ET Auto
- New Land Rover Defender Hard Top Is Fit For Commercial Use
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model detailed
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top van version revealed
- Not a bakkie: new Land Rover Defender 'Hard Top' workhorse revealed…
- Land Rover Defender range grows with new commercial model