Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV: JLR reveals 2021 Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV, Auto News, ET Auto
As the British automaker said in a release, Land Rover will revive its Hard Top moniker through the new commercial Defender 90 and 110 models. These models come with their roots back to the 1950s and built for use as commercial vehicle, based on the new Defender 90 and 110 4x4 range.
As Jaguar Land Rover claims, the Defender Hard Top will come as a combination of cargo space, practicaity and premium comfort, loaded with modern connectivity technologies.
The Land Rover Defender Hard Top SUV comes built on an aluminium-intensive D7x architecture, which is claimed to be three-times stiffer than the best body-on-frame designs. The SUV also shares its body structure and next-generation Electrical Vehicle Architecture (EVA 2.0) with passenger models.
The Defender Hard Top is being developed by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, claimed the automaker in the release.
Commenting on this model, Michael van der Sande, Managing Director, Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, said: “We will maximise the functionality and usability of New Defender’s cargo area, with tough materials and clever storage solutions to ensure it surpasses the capability of any previous Defender Hard Top.”
Both the 90 and 110 Hard Top models will come with independent coil-sprung suspension, with advanced electronic air suspension also available on the 110. The SUVs will have 291 mm of ground clearance, while the 110 Hard Top will have the approach, breakover and departure angles of up to 38, 28 and 40 degrees respectively.
JLR is yet to reveal the other technical details of these SUVs.
Nick Collins, Land Rover Vehicle Line Director, said, “New Defender 90 and 110 Hard Top will be the toughest, most capable and most connected commercial 4x4s we have ever produced. They have been engineered to meet global safety standards and deliver impressive long-haul comfort, giving businesses and professionals the best of all worlds.”
Also Read: JLR partners with Oslo city to run wireless electric taxis
More on this: 10 stories
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial variant goes on sale
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial on sale now
- WATCH | Land Rover's Defender goes off-road - wading through water and scaling inclines
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top ready to work
- 2020 Land Rover Defender Hard Top commercial model arrives
- Hard Top name returns for commercial Land Rover
- New Land Rover Defender Hard Top Is Fit For Commercial Use
- Land Rover Defender Hard Top van version revealed
- Land Rover Defender range grows with new commercial model
- New Land Rover Defender Hard Top 2021 detailed: Could this SUV workhorse replace your Toyota HiLux dual-cab ute?